jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Are blacks more racist than whites?

1. vveasey profile image82
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

Are blacks more racist than whites?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6796243_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I have met racist blacks and whites and been subjected to racial abuse from racist blacks.  I would say that there is no diference in quantity or in the form the abuse takes.

3. aich profile image59
    aichposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't generalize. But I hate it when people say black cats are bad luck and prefer to keep white ones. I am a mixture of both.

1. MickS profile image69
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

In the UK we say that It's lucky to see a black cat.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't think it can be stated accurately with that kind of generalization.  It comes down to individuals and their beliefs, life experience, etc. whatever race they are.

5. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

I've found over my years, all folks, white or black are good people. But racism exists by both blacks and whites. It's a shame, because as small children we hug one another, play together and don't judge by color. I wish I could explain what happens to some as they get older.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

impossible to say. i know blacks that are not racists and some that are. the same thing goes for whites.

7. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

Are whites intellectually superior to blacks? Are blacks intellectually superior to whites?

Are blacks "nicer" than whites? Are whites "nicer" than blacks?

Are whites better looking than blacks? Are blacks better looking than whites?

Are blacks better cooks than whites are? Are whites better cooks than blacks are?

Are whites more generous than blacks? Are blacks more generous than whites?

Now, what is the question?

1. Dexter Yarbrough profile image80
      Dexter Yarbroughposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good points, Feenix!

2. feenix profile image60
      feenixposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Dex

8. Amethystraven profile image78
    Amethystravenposted 5 years ago

To each their own in regards to this question. It's difficult to say. There are a lot of people who are afraid of other people because of the color of their skin. What people are taught, weather it be through their family or television and movies, can have sway on their beliefs. Some people think outside of that box and are willing to get to know others no matter what any outside influence says. Racism is a product of environment, we are not born racist. Racism is racism no matter who it comes from.

working