jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you feel is the greatest need for your community?

1. gmaoli profile image77
    gmaoliposted 5 years ago

What do you feel is the greatest need for your community?

My writing primarily focuses on doing good work and charity, so I'm trying to get some more helpful stories about community needs from where ever I can.  From my perspective, community help really comes when people are aware of who is in need.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

When I was child I would often get upset when I saw anything I felt was unfair in life. My mother would tell me; "Life is not fair" and that would enrage me!
    As I got older I began to understand that in a free society our lives are for the most part the result of (choices) and (decisions) we have made along the way. "When we change our circumstances change."
    The only person you can control is yourself. Life is a personal journey. We can't stop someone from making bad choices (ie) teenage pregnancy, violent acts, drug use, and other illegal activities. I believe the best we can do is offer people hope/inspiration by sharing the methods we used to get ahead in life.
    I don't mean to be cynical but no matter what programs are established there will always be people who (choose) NOT to take advantage of them. Case in point, free public education. Every year thousands of students elect to drop out. Planned Parenthood offers free birth control and condoms but teen pregnancies and the spread of STDs continue to spread. I once knew of a homeless man that refused to go to a church shelter to get a meal. He said, "They make you pray over there."
    In a free society people have the right to make bad decisions. All we can really do is try to set a good example for those looking to improve their lives.

3. perfectperception profile image61
    perfectperceptionposted 5 years ago

Love.  There is so much killing, robbing and craziness going on in the greater St. Louis area.

4. Eugene Hardy profile image62
    Eugene Hardyposted 5 years ago

Stable employment with a living wage.

Community Centers that help teach skills or a trade.

Community based businesses.

Community gardening.

5. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

In my community I have no answer at the present moment..

I have an idea of global need..incomplete as it is at the present time.

Perhaps you could update me sometime with your research...I would like that

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

The greatest need in my community is Jobs. Therefore creating the need for more charities to help those who are unemployed. There are so many with children who have lost their homes, Everything. They depend on the schools to make sure their children eat during the day. But, So many are struggling it breaks my heart. I live in the Tri-Cities in East Tennessee.