jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Do you control your life or does life control you?

1. Penny G profile image69
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Do you control your life or does life control you?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 3 years ago

I'd have to say that I definitely control my own life.

3. profile image54
    kingchahalposted 3 years ago

80% of my day I plan and leave rest 20% to circumstances. Suppose I am going to office and it takes just 10 minutes to go but due to traffic I reach late by 10 minutes more.
    Now if this is my daily routine, so is my week, so is my month  and this habit of living day to day keeps me free of worries and my life goes on smoothly and am moving towards my predetermined goal. Definitely to reach that goal 80% of time I know when will I get there but I keep 20% for you know----

Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I really like your thinking. This surely makes for a smooth running life.  If you could bottle and sell this it would go for a high dollar !

4. Chinaimport profile image88
    Chinaimportposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9190323_f260.jpg

The choices you make defines the direction of your life.  It seems to me that you control your life.

Aww, I work in Treatment and we say about the same thng, "The choices we make form the paths we take"

5. amiebutchko profile image87
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

Good one, Penny G.  I'd like to say that I try to control my life, but there certainly are times when it controls me!  I think all we can do is our best to try and stay on top of the status quo, but its ok to be overwhelmed by life a little.  It means we have many facets and people keeping us busy and I suspect this is just how life should be if you're doing it right!

Yes and situations do control what I do sometimes, usually for the good of someone else. That is what I choose to do.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think most of the time I control my life. There are times though, when things get a little hectic and life seems to be in control.

It sure does at times.

7. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

I control my life because I control my thoughts and actions but life limits the amount of control I have. I don't control other people or nature. That means I can make choices but I don't always get the outcome I want. I can choose to go for a walk along the beach. Someone else can choose to throw a rock in the air. I did not choose to get hit in the head by a rock but if I made different choices I would not have been hit by the rock.

Lots of things happen that are out of my control but I control my thoughts, my breathing, my emotions and my actions. If you think you have control then you have more control. If play the blame game then you let life control you.

We should control what we can and learn to deal with the rest. Thanks for the well thought out answer.

working