jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think of Obamacare?

1. manofmystery24 profile image60
    manofmystery24posted 5 years ago

What do you think of Obamacare?

2. Lily Luna profile image74
    Lily Lunaposted 5 years ago

I think we should give it a chance.  The current healthcare system isn't working, and we need to do something.  No one has come up with a better idea.

3. BritInTexas profile image76
    BritInTexasposted 5 years ago

I actually wrote an article about this yesterday.  Personally, I think that health insurance should be slowly phased out (unless people wish to see private doctors, then they'd have to purchase relevant insurance), and America should be brought up to date with the rest of the modern world, and aim for the ultimate goal of providing FREE health care to all.  Back home in the UK, our taxes pay for our health care, so why can't the same thing be done here in the US?
    Obamacare is all well and good for those people who can afford to buy the health insurance.  But what about those that can't?  They'll be fined.  It's somewhat of a fascist idea, and the insurance companies and health care professionals still come out on top (wealth-wise).

1. Lily Luna profile image74
      Lily Lunaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree or at the very least, make insurances non-profit and take them off the 'commodity' market with Wall Street.  Take away the $$$ incentives and maybe they will straighten up their act.

2. BritInTexas profile image76
      BritInTexasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It makes me laugh how someone has come along and marked my comment down.  Yet where is THEIR argument as to why?  Don't hit and run, for goodness sake, be part of the discussion.

working