jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you explain war, such as the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, to young childr

1. nmdonders profile image83
    nmdondersposted 5 years ago

How do you explain war, such as the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, to young children?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

You can just say that there are sometimes, some angry and confused people out there who like to cause trouble, start fights, wars, etc. Then, You can pass this quote on:

"As a Tsalagi Elder I would like to say that it makes no difference what color ´╗┐your skin is or what your beliefs is,it only matters as to how you treat people in this life, we are all the same, we all have the same desires and the same goals and that is to be good people and treat one another fairly and with respect, there is an old saying about war. War does not determine who is right. War merely determines who is left. We must learn to have respect for one another and for each other's beliefs."

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

In what context? I'll just say we've conquered it and we're trying to control that part of the world. If they ask why, I'll just say that that's what happens throughout history. Kings try to conquer lands to control them or get more lands. We're the villains here. There's no sense in mincing words on that.

4. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 5 years ago

War is madness........

Its when one entity tries to control the hearts and minds of another with the use of force........

5. calynbana profile image82
    calynbanaposted 5 years ago

Just be honest without using any graphic detail. They will get their answers somewhere, and you don't want them seeking answers somewhere not child appropriate. I teach preschool children, by that age they can handle the truth. The children recently started talking to me about North Korea. They hear things, and they read things. Keeping them sheltered doesn't help anybody.