jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are your thoughts about gun control ?

1. harmony155 profile image70
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

What are your thoughts about gun control ?

Especially with the recent shootings in Colorado.

2. georgepjr profile image72
    georgepjrposted 5 years ago

I'm all for the 2nd amendment, there was nothing gun control could have stopped in that situation he had illegal explosives in his home.  All he wanted to do was kill and if it wasn't a gun it would have been a knife.  All in all they need to crack down on who is able to buy them.  In Arizona for example, you can carry concealed with out a permit, their crime rights are dropping slowly (Robbers don't want to get shot either).  What they should do is make it where you can only purchase assault weapons if you have a dealers permit.  They did that with the Automatic weapons and that does well.  They should also screen people better instead of running just an F.B.I. backround check they should give you the test like doctors do for depression to see if you are mentally stable enough to own a firearm.  In the end and as a gun owner they need to just make it a little  tougher to own a firearm and screen a little better.

3. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Self-control or gun control;  if there is a lack of one, a surplus of the other is required.

4. pmorries profile image77
    pmorriesposted 5 years ago

My son and I have been arguing about this issue for days now. He is against gun control, and I am for it; however, many think that the assault rifle ban cost the Democrats the house and senate  in 1994 and that gun control is a dead issue. That being the case, I am thinking about buying a gun  and getting a concealed weapon permit (even though I would probably never use the permit). Why? I would trust myself with a gun, but I do not trust all the other people who have guns.