What do you think of both US presidental candidates?

1. muiomuio profile image60
    muiomuioposted 5 years ago

What do you think of both US presidental candidates?

Barack Obama or Mitt Romney? Why do you support one and not other?
    I am European so there's allot of good being spread about Obama but never heard of Mitt Romney. I was wondering if someone can provide more information regarding both candidates and their strategies and plans for the US.

2. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

Voting has always been an issue to me, because I'm very conservative on some topics and very liberal on others.  So what it's always come down to is "pick your battles"--  that is, focus on what I consider the MOST important.  In the 2012 election, it's the military involvement in the Middle East.
    First, Obama was not honest in the past about complete troop withdrawal;
    second, what was it LBJ said about a president who can't end a war in his term shouldn't be given another chance;
    However, Romney has not even taken a solid stand. 
    My daughter, and everyone else in the military, deserve better than turning the Middle East into a new version of Vietnam.

3. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

US national politics is in the throes of democratic devolution. One of the two major parties represents the dependents, the other the earners. Half of Americans no longer pay federal income taxes so have no skin in the game and are interested in little but keeping the gravy train rolling. The other half are sick of supporting them, with not yet quite having lost faith in the nation, still trying to find a way to restore stability politically, without revolt. Obama flawed as he is represents the takers, Romney flawed as he is the earners. The other issues touted as of concern are fog intended to conceal that one, great, divisive struggle.