Can Mitt Romney beat Barack Obama in the next presidential election?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 12 years ago

Can Mitt Romney beat Barack Obama in the next presidential election?

Given that Romney is the front-runner, perhaps it's worth pondering.

2. WindMaestro profile image58
    WindMaestroposted 12 years ago

Well I don't think so. Unless he can muster up the strength of the Republican party, and unite it, then he can possibly have a chance. Unfortunately for him, Obama's approval ratings skyrocketed during the whole Osama Bin Laden incident, and he has been viewed in a less harsh light than he was before. I will admit it has to be a potential to be a rather close race, but I have a feeling Obama will keep his job as President of the United States.

3. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years ago

I highly doubt it. No one really knows the other candidates and many times presidents will get re-elected because they can't do nearly as much as they should be able to in four years.

4. profile image0
    James E.posted 12 years ago

Nice question!  I am still so very undecided who I would like to see as the next President.

5. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 12 years ago

Not that I'm sure he'll be the nominee, but if he is I think he has a decent chance actually. Republicans are ready to elect someone else and will unite behind any nominee to make that happen. Romney has budget experience and knows how to hire and fire when needed, which is one of Obama's biggest weaknesses.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

No, Romney is a eurobanker whore who supports the NON federal and NO reserve eurotrash banking cartel.  It's either Ron Paul, or a democratic victory.

7. Darknlovely3436 profile image70
    Darknlovely3436posted 12 years ago

Not a chance, he woul be wasting his time and money Mr. Obama is going to serve another term

8. scauthor1969 profile image60
    scauthor1969posted 12 years ago

I think Mitt Romney has a chance to beat Obama. If he is the Republican nominee you would assume that he would carry the traditional Republican states. His experience as the Massachusetts governor could also help him win some more traditionally Democratic states in the northeast. He has good connections in Massachusetts and Connecticut where I think his father was a senator years ago. I think he has the best chance of any of the possible nominees I have heard of so far.

9. Wayne Brown profile image79
    Wayne Brownposted 12 years ago

I don't feel that Romney has as much of a chance to win as would Mike Huckabee.  I think Huckabee understands the issues the country faces, had very good common sense and the ability to apply logic to achieve the outcome.  Huckabee is truly a person who wants to do the right thing for America above and beyond the political fray.  Whether or not Romney can win will hinge greatly on how disliked Obama is at election time.  A significant portion of the American voters are currently not very high on the guy and the direction he is taking America in is a very dangerous one to say the least.  At the same time, if the rumors are true and he does show up with a billion dollar campaign chest...he may well "buy" the relection for himself...if George Soros has anything to say about it, that will be the case. Obama really does not have anything of a positive nature on which to run...most of what he has touched has come out more negative than positive. As the Clinton campaign said back in his first election to office..."It's the economy, stupid".  In this case, anyone who plans to beat Obama will have to keep the central focus on "it's the spending, stupid", for that aspect of his administration has surely moved America to the brink of bankruptcy....hands down. WB

10. profile image58
    tajiatalposted 12 years ago

It doesn't really matter, they're both puppets.

11. surfcaster2010 profile image68
    surfcaster2010posted 12 years ago

I voted for Obama and believed the hype back in the first election. My mistake. I'm an independent now thanks to all the nonsense from both sides. There are some decent candidates on the Republican side if they run, but I don't think Romney is one of them. Will make for an interesting 2012.

12. profile image57
    SsvRrwQposted 12 years ago

Religion is too big of an issue for Romney to win. America isn't ready.

13. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 12 years ago

Probably not. Either way, you can keep them both.

14. tHErEDpILL profile image83
    tHErEDpILLposted 12 years ago

Who sits in the proverbial "seat" does not matter.  We should be concerned about the people pulling the strings behind the curtain.  Sadly most Americans still believe our system runs the way it use to.  Check out my hub "Don't Blame Obama"  It explains everything.  Cheers mate smile

15. Trevor Davis profile image57
    Trevor Davisposted 12 years ago

After the take down of Osama Bin laden under Barack's current presidency theres no way Romney has a chance.

16. juiwei2000 profile image58
    juiwei2000posted 12 years ago

No, most national leader tend to get reelected continuetly, unless he is doing a very bed job and face it, even George Bush can get reelected for two terms in a role and he suck.  Plus considering Obama is the first black President, I image he would have a lot of African American supporters, that support him because of that.

17. thegamer1 profile image58
    thegamer1posted 12 years ago

No way. I'm not a big political maven, but beating an elected president in a second term election is really a long shot. I don't think it will happen!

18. sroberts9 profile image81
    sroberts9posted 11 years ago

No, Mitt Romney will not beat Barack Obama.  WE Americans so quickly forget where our charming country was before he took office.  WE only concern ourselves with "What have you done for ME lately?"  When the debates come on and they are face to face with America (who I may add is finally awake) will see once again that Barack Obama is the one to choose and finish what he started.  So many people just concern themselves with the money he has spent but, do your really know what he's spending it on and why?  Do you do your research to see what he's spent compared to his past peers?  Or do you just follow the media and make your assumptions from that source?  I do my homework and I see where my tax dollars are going and so do many other American's who finally woke up and started to take note (that use to not vote but, now do) because the "worldly issues" that we normally see on TV that "happen to other people" are now happening to us and we need to know what's going on and who is going to fix it.  Comparing the two, my vote goes to Barack Obama - not because he's black, because he is capable of getting all of us in a better place if we stop judging and blaming and start working together as our forefathers had intended us to do so our America the Beautiful can remain the eagle in the sky.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)