jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What country is american's best ally?

1. profile image74
    Education Answerposted 5 years ago

What country is american's best ally?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

After World War II, the UK became the "junior partner" in the global hegemony of the US. The United Kingdom's government is tightly allied with the United States. Canada and the Commonwealth of Australia are in the same sphere. The people of these nations and of Europe are not fond of the US, but their governments are allied with ours.

3. Jonathon Kennedy profile image61
    Jonathon Kennedyposted 5 years ago

Do you mean "best" as in most loyal or most useful?

If you're asking who our most loyal friend is, I'd say Old Empresario's answer is good.

If you're asking who our most useful allies are...Obviously, it's up to debate, but my opinion is Japan. They're so fun! They can build robots to play games with you if you're lonely!

4. umbertoobrian profile image59
    umbertoobrianposted 5 years ago

Best Allie - that is a big question.  Great Britain, Canada, Australia, Japan , Germany have all been solid supporters of the United States and good places for American tourism, business and entertainment.  The old Warsaw Packt countries have become great allies, especially Poland.  Can any country brag of a better neighbor than Canada.  Canadians have been freat partners in many ways,.  Every Canadian I have ever met has been fun to know. 

But, if we are talking about a military Allie, that depends on what part of the globe but I would offer the UK all over the world. Reliability, willingness to host American forces, training with Americans and fighting along side Americans it is hard to replace the military commitments of the UK.

5. tipstoretireearly profile image84
    tipstoretireearlyposted 5 years ago

America's best ally is the United Kingdom.  The United Kingdom has fought side-by-side with the United States in the war on terrorism, and has worked with the United States to accomplish foreign policy goals around the world.  While other countries like Canada, Japan and Germany are certainly friends with the United States, the United Kingdom is usually the first to step up in difficult situations.

1. umbertoobrian profile image59
      umbertoobrianposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think beyond the military aspects of the US/UK relationship.  I love the connection the US has with Canada, Australia, New Zealand and The UK.  .