jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

What are you doing to save our environment?

1. jpcmc profile image87
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

What are you doing to save our environment?

In our own small way we should help take care and protect our environment.  What have you done lately?

2. MelChi profile image81
    MelChiposted 5 years ago

I'm slowly using up all our cleaning products at home and then we will be using vinegar to clean tiles, surfaces, bathrooms, etc. That's just about everything in the house except for washing of dishes. You can even clean windows with it, and add some almond or peppermint extract so that it doesn't have such a strong smell.  Mary615 writes a fantastic article about the uses of vinegar - that's where I got the idea from!

3. Billy Hicks profile image85
    Billy Hicksposted 5 years ago

I took my kids to a "Green Fair" here in Orlando not too long ago. People kinda got pissed when I pulled up in an SUV, but such is life, Until they make a decent Hybrid that can handle six kids, my Excursion stays.

4. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

I wrote a letter criticizing Al Gore for his Lear jet, five mansions and chauffered SUVs.

1. LandmarkWealth profile image79
      LandmarkWealthposted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL...I started another petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw

5. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 5 years ago

I do a lot of walking, biking and paddling instead of using motorized vehicles.  When I go under my own power I am not polluting.  I also encourage other people to do the same.  However I don't think I have been very successful at converting people that like to drive cars and motorized boats.  At least people see me doing it and once in a while I get other people to do it with me.

6. ThompsonPen profile image81
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I do not own a car, by choice. I also do the standard recycling and the like, and from time to time I take home compost from work to put in my compost pile. I have done all the Eco light bulbs and try to invest in Eco friendly cleaning products and use vinegar and. Among soda where I can. Having an Eco friendly household gets a bit tricky when you have four roommates though.
    I'd like to buy local more to reduce carbon footprint, and I'm trying to convince the landlady to install better insulated windows since ours keep in no heat whatsoever during the winter.

7. Tonipet profile image84
    Tonipetposted 5 years ago

We have started using bicycle when going some place nearby (village mart, local market, anywhere without traffic) it's even great others are starting to do the same... turning off AC when driving at night, using charcoal when grilling or stewing, turning lights off when not used, unplugging cords instead of leaving on stand-by, and making sure all food in the fridge are stored properly covered. Whew, so glad I've done all these thing in my own way. Great question jpcms - a good reminder! Thanks.

working