jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have you decided who you will vote for president?

1. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

Have you decided who you will vote for president?

I have and nothing will change my mind.  Since I don't have to listen to news commentators, political ads or even the debates, what can I do to fill my time until after the election?

2. hockey8mn profile image75
    hockey8mnposted 5 years ago

Read a book, write more hubs, or buy your son something REALLY nice.  I would go with the last one.

3. lainelongfellow profile image63
    lainelongfellowposted 5 years ago

I don't wholly agree with either political party's beliefs, and neither candidate has gotten me excited enough to vote.  I also grew up in a political family (my dad was a senator) and saw firsthand that the majority of people who desire power do not deserve it.  I can honestly say that I wouldn't even trust my own father or vote for him.  Because of this, I try to stay out of politics.

1. junkseller profile image85
      junksellerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You should check out Jill Stein (Green party Presidential candidate). Whether you agree with her policies or not, I really believe she truly just wants to help people out. I wrote a hub about her and she has a good website, if you're interested.

4. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

banks, ole buddy.....I have.....maybe, kinda, sorta.  How's that for a woman who knows what she wants?  I, unlike you, am listening to everything within ear-shot...reading all I can get my hands on ...especially some of the fabulous political commentaries, right here by fellow-hubbers.   I also ask a lot of questions.
    When I finally do know who gets my vote, I want to be as well-informed and confident as possible......sort of......I suppose.   I realize my vote isn't worth a million, but it's important to my own peace of mind.   
    As for "filling your time?"     Find that TO-DO list your wife gave you 2 years ago.....and get busy!!!

5. stclairjack profile image84
    stclairjackposted 5 years ago

i've always treated politics with the same exitement as one might football,... nowadays i treat it with the same level of importance as a socker fan might be impressed by football,..... i still enjoy it on many levels, but i dont believe it has the same weight on our daily lives as it once did,... government affects our daily lives a great deal,.... but the political proscess is so far removed from actual policy,....

so this year,... as a bonifide republican who voted for clinton twice,... and woulda voted for howard dean if the dems woulda had the stones to have run him,... and as an american who is so repulsed by both options this year on various levels,...

i fully expect to walk in my voting booth, whoop out my #2 lead pencil,... and vote for every candidtate from the governors office down,... but nothing more.

i'll vote this year,.... but will not vote for iether of the stooges we've been offered up.

i'm from missouri,... as you might imagine i'm not pleased with my fed level options iether,... so they can seek thier votes elsewhere.