This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe that the economy will eventually collapse?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Do you believe that the economy will eventually collapse?

2. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 5 years ago

Capitalism will eventually implode, and I think it will be due to machines.  Companies mechanize everything, people don't get jobs, and then they have no money to buy the stuff.  However, companies don't want to pay workers.  System implodes, and a new one is born, if humanity hasn't destroyed itself first.

3. conradofontanilla profile image82
    conradofontanillaposted 5 years ago

The economy may collapse if not handled properly. Most of the features and handles have been explored or have gone through experience. However, handling the economy depends on the objectives of those who have the power to handle it. Physical laws are immutable. Economic laws are not so immutable because an economy like capitalism is a human invention. An invention  like capitalism has its rules and logic that if the rules and logic had been transgressed, aberrant results will come out. Mortgages are not supposed to be monetized but those close to the seat of power breached this internal logic that resulted in the recent depression during the George H. Bush administration. If we were still in the gold standard, the reverberations of such US depression could have spread throughout the world like wildfire. It only rippled in places where the US had substantial investments. The logic of the floating rate system protected other nations from such depression.

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

no. the economy is just a game played by the elite. i know this sounds stupid but i would bet anything on it. it's not a conspiracy or anything but a game. what i'm trying to say that the ultra wealthy use the economy like a kid uses a toy. when they want more money or power, they make things occure that cause the market to fluctuate either up or down which in turn causes the average person to spend a lot of money. by doing this, the wealthy , who own big businesses get a greater influx of money, increasing their worth. when they cause a down turn, people hoard their money but they can only do this for a short period. they then have to spend to survive, making themselves poorer and again , the big businesses get greater wealth.
    i'm not sure if anyone will understand what i'm trying to say but this is a subject i've studied for quite a while and i know what i know.

working