Do you think private profits are necessary evil?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Do you think private profits are necessary evil?

In a capitalist free market economy, profits are necessary to provide goods and services to the people. Businesses accumulate profit but the government regulate businesses and collect taxes. Since they accumulate tax and this provide social benefits to the people.

Some are arguing that profits are necessary evil specially if it is in the hands of the few or there is monopoly. Do you think it otherwise?

2. LandmarkWealth profile image80
    LandmarkWealthposted 5 years ago

Ofcourse profits are necessary.  If you had no potential for profit, who would invest in the entity to begin with.  You could not get any capital formation.  Without it nothing would be formed.  Therefore nothing would ever be created or invented, and nobody would be employed.  If you cap profits as some have suggested, the moment my company hit the cap, I would send everybody home for the rest of the year on a layoff until january or the start of my fiscal year. I am certainly not going to work for free.   Profit growth is not only necessary...It is a good thing.  There is nothing evil about success or profits as long as it is done within the confines of the law. 
    Henry Ford's model T was quite profitable.  So is the Apple Ipad.  Failing business don't create new technologies that better our lives.  Successful ones do.