What is the obsession with Zombies?

1. Ddraigcoch profile image81
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

What is the obsession with Zombies?

I don't get why there is a massive obsession over Zombies, can someone explain?

2. jessefutch profile image56
    jessefutchposted 5 years ago

The Zombie craze is something that comes and goes throughout the years. It's a classic human ingrained instinct: fear. Something that doesn't die (except for a double tap to the head), that wants to kill you for food. Just as the adventurers that travel to Africa to see the lions deep down fear the predators, it is a thrill. The Zombie is like a lion plus one, or two. It's a predator, it's undead and it's shocking. Instinctual fear, shock value and an ugly monster figure all rolled into one. For those interested in the macabre the zombie is a cult classic.

3. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

I have no answer, but I ditto your questions. Personally, I can't stand zombies. To me there is no creativity in it. I like vampires because there's romance to it, it's a different way of catching their pray, much like a cat is to a mouse. The mouse knows its deadly, but is fooled by the hormone produced by the cat to make the mouse view it as "cute" for lack of a better word.
    I prefer horror creatures to be something creative. Freddy Crugar was an excellent one, and continues to be a huge favorite of mine.
    Sorry, this was quite off topic.

working