jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think it is disrespectful when people let their animals do their business

1. flacoinohio profile image80
    flacoinohioposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is disrespectful when people let their animals do their business in your yard?

I have had several dog owners out walking their dogs stop in my yard and allow their dogs do their business in my yard without cleaning up the feces.  Some owners are walking as many as four dogs at a time when they stop to use my yard.  The same people have complained in the paforemen other people the same thing in their yard.  When I walk my dogs, I take plastic bags and a little scooper to pick up the mess when our dogs have to relieve themselves.  If I can clean up my dogs messes, so can everyone else.

2. flashmakeit profile image69
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

Where I live you could get a fine for not cleaning up your dogs mess.

3. Beege215e profile image66
    Beege215eposted 5 years ago

quick story. I lived near downtown Chicago a while back. A dog owner from one of the highrises would walk his dog  and sure enough it would poop in my yard.  I tried going out and just asking nicely if he would clean it up but he yelled at me about how stupid I was. After about a week of this nonsense, I called the police and asked that an officer come over immediately.  Well, the dog pooped in my yard, the cop went to talk to the guy, the guy pulled some macho attitude, he and the cop shared a laugh, and I demanded a ticket be issued.  The cop made the mistake of saying " crazy b#$@$%^& woman is probably on the ra^%$#, but he finally did issue the ticket. I went to court for the hearing, I told the judge what the man and the policeofficer said.  The man told the judge I was a "local troublemaker", the judge looked at me, looked at the man and fined him $200. Then he told the man that if the dog poopled again it would cost him $500.  The man and his dog were never seen near my yard again.  I also have dogs, I walk them all the time, and I too carry a plastic baggie in my pocket at all times.  It is called common civility.

4. Sunny2o0o profile image72
    Sunny2o0oposted 5 years ago

As long as people clean up after their dogs, I have no problem it.  Issues like this are why when I get a house, I have resolved to put up a big fence that goes right up to the property line--problem solved!

5. LillyGrillzit profile image79
    LillyGrillzitposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6698360_f260.jpg

The area of town we live, is pedestrian and pet friendly.

There are posts, with sturdy metal dispensers available to pedestrian dog walkers. These poles are located up and down our main thorougfare, and park areas.

Vendors, and shop owners keep community dog water bowls clean and full.

This dry summer, most lawns were as brown as autumn turned inside out. The only green patches around, were where neighboorhood dogs did their business, and then, owners kindly picked up the mess.

In answer to your question; I think if the grass owner is pet friendly, and the poop will get scooped, it is not. If the lawn grower is not happy to share with critters and neighbors then yes, it is disrespectful.

Thats the way we roll in the 72205!

working