jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

"Fort Hood slayings prompt full Pentagon review": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image60
    fishskinfreak2008posted 8 years ago

It should. Clear warning signs were missed

2. ledefensetech profile image71
    ledefensetechposted 8 years ago

Thanks to political correctness.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 8 years ago

A column by Diana West (a Washington Post writer) today brought out something very, very interesting.  More than a year ago, the Fort Hood shooter himself WARNED a group of senior Army physicians that in order to prevent what he actually later did, Muslim soldiers should be released from the Army as Conscientious Objectors rather than being sent to fight other Muslims.  Diana thought that was a pretty good idea, and so do I. 

Not that "the system" will consider implementing such a practice even now....

1. ledefensetech profile image71
      ledefensetechposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that's a good idea.  Look, if you sign up, you sign up to fight the enemies of the US.  Americans of German descent fought Germans in WW I and WW II.  Muslims are no different.  You're either an American or you are not.  If you are, you go where they send you, if you're not, leave the military, it's obvious you don't take your oath to protect the US or it's citizenry seriously.

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hm.  I didn't say the idea wasn't controversial, just that Diana West and I both liked it.  It could, I believe, be vigorously attacked or defended, either one.  However, it's without question a moot point, anyway.  The likelihood of such a policy being implemented is, I would estimate, zero to the nth power...or something like that.

1. ledefensetech profile image71
          ledefensetechposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's a mess that's for sure.  Strictly speaking we're talking about a religion, not a race or people.  That opens up a whole 'nother can of worms.

working