jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can one speak on their personal experience with violence with out describing

1. violetheaven profile image59
    violetheavenposted 5 years ago

How can one speak on their personal experience with violence with out describing the degree of it?

I wrote a series of hubs, that I have since unpublished because they are receiving lowering scores.  I honestly believe that my story can help others.  So what is a girl to do?

2. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

I have read so many articles of women who seem to answer this question with ease . Although they don't know it !  IF....... !  If just one young girl decides to not sacrifice herself to" love ", or become a martyr for the cause ..........by saying " if i just endure this broken man for awhile , I can cure him and he will love me even  more !".........Tell another young woman how NOT to try to change someone ,and you will save her !

3. Jack Burton profile image83
    Jack Burtonposted 5 years ago

One can describe the "degree" of violence without describing the graphic nature of it. If I spoke of a friend who was raped and spent five days in the hospital the amount of violence she suffered and the seriousness of her injuries would be self evident without me going into the details of just what happened to her.

Sometimes details are necessary... sometimes not. It is a personal call. If the result of including details and degrees is better informed readers who are moved to take action but the consequence is a lowering of the scores then the balance has to be weighed by the poster. No one else.

4. violetheaven profile image59
    violetheavenposted 5 years ago

I just said how the perpetrator admitted in court that He slammed restrained chocked....ect.  But still denied any responsibility and placing the blame on me.  I did not go into details, but rather stated what things happened and how I negated those things.

working