jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does private university has the right to choose to accept students based on ethn

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Does private university has the right to choose to accept students based on ethnicity or race?

Some universities asked for the ethnicity or race of incoming students for enrollment appropriation. Do they have the right to reject students based on race or ethnicity. How about their rights as business enterpreneur for example?

2. kathleenkat profile image82
    kathleenkatposted 5 years ago

No. Private businesses don't have the right, either. It's the law.

3. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 5 years ago

As a student, it appears that colleges, universities, etc. get around this by "reporting" this info to the government. I have no idea why the school or government needs to know my 4 race makeup, but they call the shots and I am but a lowly student hoping to better myself.

The race question is NOT only asked of those in need of financial aid of any sort. When I started school I paid out of pocket and was STILL asked. Many schools still ask for race on their applications. Scholarships, grants, etc. also ask for this info, many are BASED on race or religious affiliation to the frustration of students of ALL races that otherwise meet or exceed the requirements.

Also, these questions often encourage incorrect answers because these forms often don't take into account the growing melting pot the world has become. Wherever this "data" is going, this is one reason that the data is wrong. A person can be equally mixed 4, 6, 8, or more ways but they are still often prompted or verbally told to "check one."

4. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 5 years ago

don't care for I'm sick of black student and players kissing the tails of university to go to there rip off high cost school while being pimp out for money for that university. if these player want to put up with this madness instead of going to a Black base university ( you never hear about this with them for all races go there without the bull of the other) that on them. but if this ruling pass in the Supreme Courts, any black player going to a private university that mostly white but let you in to make them money need to be pimp out.diversity is the United State and the sooner we all see and know this we will become a much better country not being divided by the corporation and the super rich for we can come together and be the new rich, banker, corporation and politicians instead of there ATM people bank