jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which of your things would be the hardest to give up if you were asked to sell i

1. petenali profile image84
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

Which of your things would be the hardest to give up if you were asked to sell it to feed the poor?

We all cling to our "stuff" so tightly while others cling to life itself just as tightly. Is there anything you couldn't part with to help feed someone else?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Nothing. Material things can be replaced. Feeding a precious child or anyone who is hungry is worth more than any possession I have. Great question pentenali.

3. Modgirl profile image61
    Modgirlposted 5 years ago

Absolutely agree, nothing, but really is that enough, people being willing to give up anything yet still such a huge problem exists. I often wonder if all of us who have plenty of food going to bed at night gave it up for one day, or put the money on that food towards programmes for the hungry etc what could we achieve. The problem is that there is already a lot of money and solutions available but we are not resolving it. Perhaps the question should be, what are you doing to help feed someone else right now?

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I wish it were that simple. I don't have any material possessions that are more important then a hungry child.  But more questions comes to mind than just feeding the child.  How will they eat tomorrow, are they warm, are the sheltered? 

Upsetting to think about and so hard to fix in the long term.

5. citywolf profile image68
    citywolfposted 5 years ago

This is a funny question if you already are relatively poor. I don't know if my possession are worth a damn thing to anyone else. I guess that I would have a tough time parting with my computer if I was unable to back up my files and would lose years of my work. It's my only high ticket item. I guess it would depend on whether I could save all my work, but if the person's life was at stake in a very immediate way I guess I would lose my files. It's starting to sound like a pretty weird scenario: I am suddenly approached on the street by a stranger, "We need your computer this minute or someone is going to starve to death! Hurry, no time to back up your files!" Hmm... anything could happen. I better go back up those files!

working