jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Can You Hear Me Now?

1. alifeofdesign profile image91
    alifeofdesignposted 5 years ago

Can You Hear Me Now?

Commercials are officially a quieter marketing tool! After a year to adjust their practices, TV stations and cable must promote TV commercials that are the same volume as the programming around it.

How long have you been waiting for this to take effect?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7467238_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

OMG..... Since I was a child. I would be watching TV late at night when I was supposed to be in bed and then a commercial would come on and get me caught every time. This was before remotes of course. LOL smile

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
      ReneeDC1979posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha Yes I  know exactly what you are talking about!

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

LOL.. I know right.

3. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 5 years ago

Forever! But I have not noticed it yet.

Now if they could work on how many the can show in an hour it would be great. I swear the commercial pause has made a one hour show into 30 minutes.

4. nanderson500 profile image83
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

I definitely like this change and have been waiting for it for years. It was so annoying to have a commercial suddenly start blaring out of the tv speakers.

5. Keith R Greene profile image60
    Keith R Greeneposted 5 years ago

I'm happy this happened but I feel it is going to have a negative impact on the monster truck rally business. How will we know when they take place? Oh, right, SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY. Always on Sunday...

6. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 5 years ago

Absolutely a great idea, long overdue. I haven't watched TV for several years now, but I'm still glad they came around to taking care of this annoyance.

7. angelicwarriors profile image74
    angelicwarriorsposted 5 years ago

all night every night as my wife leaves the telly on all damn night... I normally wake up to some woman talking about her mustache and how the nono saved her marriage or some other nonsense... but since I am over 40 and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night that helps me see down the hall LOL so it is a benifit as well...

working