jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can you even conceive how anyone could commit such an unspeakable act as what ha

1. Charlu profile image79
    Charluposted 5 years ago

Can you even conceive how anyone could commit such an unspeakable act as what happened today in CT?

My heart is broken and the tears have come
    My faith is questioned after the unspeakable that has been done
    Is it possible to even imagine what the survivors are going through
    How I ask God there was something more, any of us could do
    To see the children trying to explain their day
    Of how one man could have taken so much, in every possible way
    The life of one child taken is almost impossible to conceive
    But 18 plus others makes the devil creep up in so many, especially me
    So I will pray for them all and try to understand
    How God could have created such an unspeakable man
    May God Be With You

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 5 years ago

My faith is not questioned Mr. Charlu. What I question is the way in which we run our societies ... why so many people are snapping, losing their cool and going berserk. That is what I question.

Where is our morality gone? Our sanity, common sense? What are our values? Do we spend more time on healing and helping one another or do we spend more of our time and energy in creating division and things which harm our neighbors and ourselves?

There is money for bombs and armament but there is hardly any money for education, healthcare and affordable housing. Many people are at the end of their line: over-worked, over-stressed, over-pressured ... eventually the lid blows off. Sadly, it is to be expected when one views everything from above and on a grande scale.

I wish everyone well! My prayers to those who need healing: May Wakan Tanka guide us All.

1. Charlu profile image79
      Charluposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your so right on so many levels, as we become divided in every aspect from politics to education, etc,, and as we all know divided we fall.  Great answer.

3. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I get it. I get why they do these things. Maybe it's wrong of me to get it but I do. Mentally I have been there and I am thankful that I never went to these extremes, but I do understand it. Over 70% of people who do this were abused as a child. It leaves them feeling empty and worthless. I know how that feels. So I understand feeling that you have no other choice. As for God, I'm atheist because of the things I have seen and been through in my life. If there was a god we would not have lost 20 children today.

4. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 5 years ago

My prayers are with all the families.....There are no words or reasons that apply
    to this very tragic event.

working