jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

The End of the Earth -- Again...

1. Don Fairchild profile image81
    Don Fairchildposted 5 years ago

The End of the Earth -- Again...

12/28/12 Did you really think we would still be here?  Or how about 1/1/2000.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7513611_f260.jpg

2. Marcus99 profile image60
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

I expect the last day of Earth to be the day I draw my last breath.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed--we will all experience our own, individual "ends of the world" on that day--different for every person, not a mass planet-ending calamity.

2. Seeker7 profile image97
      Seeker7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Marcus99 as well Lizzy!!

3. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Yes, I knew we would still be here. I think the main reason is because there were - and still are - so many conflicting doomsday prophecies out there and secondly, like the Mayas, they were interepreted wrongly. So going with that, I wasn't really worried about it all ending this year or next! But it's interesting to read about them and see how people react to them.

1. Don Fairchild profile image81
      Don Fairchildposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is puzzling to see how people will make the same errors over and over again.  Do you remember around the 1930's era with people walking around with signs saying the world is coming to an end...  Oh Well...

2. Seeker7 profile image97
      Seeker7posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes - I've seen the newsreels about them, so I guess this is not a new thing. I've seen folks on these old news stories going around with - very heavy looking - sandwich boards, telling people to start praying as the world would end soon.

4. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 5 years ago

No one knows the day nor the hour...this is written in the bible...not even Jesus knows when he is returning.  Only God knows.  If you want to know what is supposed to happen in the future, read Revelations in the New Testament or try reading the Left Behind series.  A whole bunch of stuff is supposed to happen.

working