jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why hasen't our president nominated a leader for the ATF .......IN SIX YEARS !

1. ahorseback profile image77
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Why hasen't our president nominated  a leader for the ATF .......IN SIX YEARS !

The ATF  lacks a leader entirely !   Yet liberals blame guns ?  Pres.  Obamas form of gun control ls  to have the media post legal gon owners names and addresses in N.Y state !   Why don't we do that nationwide ?  Kind of makes ME think that this administrration lacks common sense at all !

2. Josak profile image60
    Josakposted 5 years ago

Byron Todd Jones is director of the ATF which does have a leader and a deputy director. Given that the whole comment seems pretty baseless.

ahorsebackposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Only in the sense of an administration four + years in the making !

3. adjkp25 profile image91
    adjkp25posted 5 years ago

Josak is correct that Bryon Jones is acting director of the ATF but there is more to this story as well.

ATF directors have to receive Senate confirmation, this has been in place since 2006.  Unfortunately the Senate hasn't confirmed anyone to become director so they have had acting ones since then.

It also looks like you must have missed where President Obama had made a nomination back in November 2010.  Obama nominated Andrew Traver to the post but the confirmation hearings haven't taken place yet in the Senate; it's only been over two years...I'm sure they will get to it soon.

Here is a list of the ATF's staff: http://www.atf.gov/about/executive-staff/  Stating they lack a leader is inaccurate because they do have acting leadership.

Since you want to blame this administration for this issue I thought it might be a good idea to state that Obama hasn't been President for six years yet, it has only been about four.

And given todays public and political hysteria about guns lately , It actuallly might help IF  yours and MY President could take  positive and creative actions to improve the leadership of probably one of THE most important post in todays system !

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I always thought gun geeks hated the ATF.

We Need an ATF , even us "Gun geeks "know that !

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I don't have a president, to where are you refering, the internet covers many countries.  What is ATF?

1. Ericdierker profile image52
      Ericdierkerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Three regulated things: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. They are a cross between health inspector, FBI, and instrumental in Homeland Security. They do not write law or policy, they are enforcement.

working