jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Quotes on conflict

1. Kiera G profile image59
    Kiera Gposted 5 years ago

Quotes on conflict

I'm trying to find some good quotes on human conflict.  They can range from the grand, such as wars, to the trivial, such as workplace rivalry.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

Here's a good one. First one in my old Book of Quotations:   "War is the science of destruction."

Pretty hard to top,eh?   Think about it.  As a rule, people all over the world pool their combined resources to make for themselves, family, friends and neigbours a better, pleasanter world through their work and service - and along comes some idiot who's willing to destroy all that just on an idea, an ideology, or simply envy and greed.   

And, of course, there are always teenage boy soldiers and the immature who life hasn't touched yet, who will 'step up' for such people because they think going off to war is an adventure.   Those who encourage them, of course, feel no shame.

Three hundred years to build a great city: three seconds to reduce it to rubble with an atomic bomb.  My, we've come along way, haven't we?

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Google some quotes from The Prince by Machiavelli. He writes a great deal about war and the nature of conflict. I would also google Smedley Butler's "War is a Racket".

4. Rod Rainey profile image80
    Rod Raineyposted 5 years ago

“Rational people will quietly meekly go into gas chambers if only you allow them to believe they’re bathrooms.” ~Zygmund Baumann

working