jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Choice: Most hated job you've ever worked or Mental Ward for rest of life?

1. Arghness profile image91
    Arghnessposted 5 years ago

Choice: Most hated job you've ever worked or Mental Ward for rest of life?

Would you work at your most hated job and earn an income, or choose to live in a mental ward free of social responsibilities but have little freedom?

2. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Since the former resulted in the latter, I'd choose door number two.  It's safe, predictable, and focused on healing.  The working world, even in the "helping" professions, is fraught with danger, can scar you for life, and is focused on whatever those in power decide, usually reputation (act or actual) or the bottom line - the almighty buck.

1. TerryK81 profile image60
      TerryK81posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Does your job suck that bad that you'd rather go to the mental ward?

2. stanwshura profile image74
      stanwshuraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It didn't, until it did.  Then I drove around with razor blades in my glove compartment and 2 pre-tied necktie nooses in my trunk for several months.  Then the biggest shock and betrayal ever.  Then the psych unit stint.  Yep, I choose the latter.

3. Arghness profile image91
      Arghnessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hahaha, I had the same thing happen, Stanwshura.  My last job drove me nuts and landed me in the mental ward...which was one of the best times of my life.  Too bad they aren't extended stay-cations. sad

3. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

Most hated job for the rest of my life, or until I found better job? Either way, I'll stick with the job, because the people that make it suck won't be there forever and you could always transfer or move up and be out of the crap. But a mental ward??? Negative. With the little freedom and keeping people shut inside their rooms most of the time, thats a way to go even more crazier and lose the rest of your mind, plus worry and doubt would sink in and take you to depths lower than anyone should ever have to live. At least at work I could leave for lunch and home and have off days to be away from there, plus vacation time.

working