jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If there was truly a set day that this world was going to expire, what would you

1. Arghness profile image90
    Arghnessposted 5 years ago

If there was truly a set day that this world was going to expire, what would you do?

Say, exactly one year from day, everything will end and the earth will explode.  What steps would you take?  I'm especially interested in those of you with families.  Consider science as it is currently, not as it could be potentially.  What social impacts do you think would result?  Have fun with this one.

2. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

I would choose hell.  While my worst nightmares live and many have come to pass, hell is an allegorical threat and does not exist in the real temporal, spacial, paranormal or ethereal dimensions.

3. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

There is a set day BUT nobody knows when (see Matthew 24:36). In answer to the question, I believe I'd start making extra extra extra sure I was right with the Lord, hang out with my friends and family, but other than the first decision concerning the Lord, can't honestly say what else I'd do. Plan as I go.

4. ib radmasters profile image61
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

How would you know if was real, and if it was real what difference could you make.

5. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I'll go with a spiritual answer I heard many years ago, "If I knew the world was coming to an end, I would plant a tree."

6. taburkett profile image61
    taburkettposted 5 years ago

Exactly the same thing I am doing today - I know I am on a oneway ticket and so I choose to recognize everyday as it it might be my last.  That is why I love as much as I can, complete as much as I can, and teach as much as I can to those around me.  Like a bee keeping the hive growing, I work as diligently as I can to make it as big as I can.

working