jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is Chris Dorner a crazed killer, or is he exercising his second amendment rights

1. Tom Koecke profile image60
    Tom Koeckeposted 5 years ago

Is Chris Dorner a crazed killer, or is he exercising his second amendment rights against tyranny?

The crime for which he was fired from the LAPD was blowing the whistle on an abusive fellow officer. He felt that corruption in process cost him both his job as a police officer and his job in the Naval Reserves.

Here is a link to a copy of his manifesto if you have not read it: http://laist.com/2013/02/07/christopher … _in_fu.php

Is he a victim of tyranny, or is he now simply a crazed killer?

2. junkseller profile image84
    junksellerposted 5 years ago

He may have been a victim of partial tyranny. I say partial because I believe he had other options and the idea that one's name has as much value as he gave it is something of his own making.

Most everyone faces obstacles in life. We all have to choose how we deal with it. For me personally, violence is a poor choice, and against an innocent, not one I'd ever make. If he had only chosen violence against those who were 'responsible' than that might be a little different. Ultimately, though, he seems to actually hope to accomplish some good. I think he will find that his choice just won't do it, so he probably should have chosen a different path.

Also, he seemed to have cast a pretty wide net in terms of who was culpable. A lot of those people, to me, just seemed like fairly ordinary humans.

Whatever he was, and even if we agree that many other forces brought him to that point, the final step was his and his alone, which means he is now a victim only of his own choices.

Of course this pretty speculative. A manifesto and a few news stories doesn't really get deep into the man.

Tom Koeckeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your thoughtful answer. It will be interesting to see what we learn about the process he went through before he snapped.

3. ib radmasters profile image61
    ib radmastersposted 5 years ago

You can't be serious with this question.

Tom Koeckeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I am serious. Did you read his manifesto?

working