jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

When a nation dwells upon perversion and sexual exploitation, might they be doom

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

When a nation dwells upon perversion and sexual exploitation, might they be doomed?

Why does it seem that the over abundant reference to sexual matters and perversion, has led to the demise of many great nations?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7891447_f260.jpg

2. Josak profile image60
    Josakposted 4 years ago

Quite the opposite, great nations flourish from expression, artistic, scientific and sexual. All the greatest growths of our species occur at such times, whether it be the golden age of ancient Greece or the Renaissance, and indeed when our society is in free fall we see the increase in sexual repression (as in the middle ages).

Progress and growth is linked to free thinking in all areas.

1. whonunuwho profile image79
      whonunuwhoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What about ancient Rome and the Biblical scriptures, my friend?

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

You are correct sir. And the United States is right up there with the worst of them. Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed for much less than what is currently going on in this country.

1. jlpark profile image86
      jlparkposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Greed, haughtiness and refusing to help the needy? As per Jesus in...Judges? Is this what you mean? Sodom's sin was explained by Jesus later on from Genesis, and is vastly different to what people assume it was, so I'm really...just checking.

4. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 4 years ago

I think when people are obsessed with the private lives of others, and deny them rights because they do something that they personally find a little 'icky' (but is harming no one) is where nations come undone, and doom themselves.

A private life is a private life - it is when one gets involved in someone else's private life that things turn to custard.

It is when a nation becomes obsessed with other's consenting private lifes, that they neglect to look around them at the other things that are going on - that should concern them more.

Focusing on sexual matters allows more dire concerns, such as terrorism, poverty, health, to be pushed aside, ignored, or contentious laws get passed through quietly whilst everyone is focused on something that REALLY shouldn't concern them.

So is it sexual matters causing the dooming? No. It's the focus on it - something that really shouldn't be of such a huge focus - that detracts from the REAL picture...the things going on in the background that no one is noticing.

We see it here in New Zealand - Contentious and divisive issues for the government are given a lot of media coverage, and laws that are likely to not have gone through if the public had been aware are passed. Such as the Anti-Smacking Bill - there were a few other laws passed at the same time...no one noticed till it was too late.  I'm sure it's happening with the Marriage Equality Bill here in NZ as well (though, I'm invested in that one - it gives me the rights I am denied currently....) but the ones going through in the background whilst it is debated are a little concerning.

YOu cannot blame a persons sexual preferences etc for the dooming of the nation - it is the fixation with other people's lifes that is the dooming.

1. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Nailed it.

working