jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is being a sizest considered a blatant form of predjudice?

1. moneyfairy profile image73
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

Is being a sizest considered a blatant form of predjudice?

I am sickened by people who judge others by their size . It is just so very sad, comments like "look at that fatty,or OMG she must be anorexic because..... I think of Susan Boyle and how she was judged for her appearance only before this angelic voice came out of her. I love the new show "The Voice " as they only judge the person by their voice first before they will choose to mentor them. What are your thoughts on people who are sizest? Have you ever been judged for your size?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have on occasion been judged by my size. While it is unpleasant and hurtful, I do understand the many people have preferences. Short over tall, small over big. Everyone is entitled to their preferences and their opinion. Where it all goes wrong is voicing those opinions regardless of who it might hurt.

That is a bigger issue than being "sizest."  That speaks to their lack of compassion and kindness which is a much deeper problem.

I have no problem with someone who may be sizest as we often cannot help what we see or prefer in others. My problem is when they voice it--they need to learn that not every thought or opinion needs to be voiced, they need to learn to care about the feeling of others.

moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Totally in agreement. Like for instance someone driving and shouting out move it fatty...What do they think they will accomplish? One can only move as fast as they can ,someone shouting won't help. Very sad the rudeness of some.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, as a child I was overweight. It was a complete nightmare as far as the bullying. I certainly agree with you that it is definitely prejudice and very, very selfish behavior. To think one can make another's life miserable because of their appearance is just complete arrogance.

So true!! That behavior is just so rude and unnecessary.

4. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

The size of ... err ... what, specifically?

The size of a person, weight wise, whether too large or too small or too short or too tall. Some people can be very cruel.

2. Attikos profile image80
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Oh. Well, that ruins the chances of some off color humor here.

working