This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Is the current media coverage of the Boston Bombings appropriate or escalating f

1. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 5 years ago

Is the current media coverage of the Boston Bombings appropriate or escalating fear?

The recent tragedy in Boston was terrible.  However I have found the innacuracy of some media coverage before the arrests and after problematic.  What do you think?

2. BraidedZero profile image91
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

I don't think news coverage is ever "appropriate". They always make things way more dramatic than it should be, and that's because we know that's what sells. Their main purpose in life is to escalate fear. That's what makes them more money.

1. Lizam1 profile image82
      Lizam1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

cynically sad but true.  I used to work in the media but not the news - it seemed like a feeding frenzy and has gotten so much worse over the years.

working