jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Spider Gate

1. Lor's Stories profile image61
    Lor's Storiesposted 4 years ago

Spider Gate

Here in NJ out governor was put down for killing a spider.
    Is it violence.
    Are we going to far when everything an official does is under scrutiny.
    Killing a spider vs having an extra- marital affair.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Oh, this is just simply ridiculous. I think we have much, much more things to worry about in this country than killing a spider. Lori, I think it to be nonsense.

Lor's Storiesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Funny it made Hardball that night.
      Poor NJ we really get socked.
      I'll be writing a hub on why NJ is a great state! Soon.

3. HeadlyvonNoggin profile image87
    HeadlyvonNogginposted 4 years ago

I agree there are those who seem way too willing, and even eager, to be appalled by, and to vocally condemn, the actions and decisions of others. No matter what it is or how serious (or not serious) a particular situation or action may be. A little bit of tolerance and patience in allowing people the freedom to just be themselves without the constant threat of being chastised can go a long way. I think we'll get there. We're just adjusting to this new world we live in where everyone is so closely connected. Just as the ebb and flow of everything else, this too will settle.

Great point!!! Thanks

4. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

I agree with JT, too much "real" things to worry about in this world.

Look at the wonderful miracle that just happened........the three girls found after a decade. Using them for sex slaves, at 52 years old how sad. What is ironic he just finished writing on his fb page 2 days before he was caught

........."There are such things as miracles, God is good" hm I guess God read his post.

And so many are wanting to find cases to sue someone for money. This world is full of greed. So yes that spider thing is going to far. However I would of picked it up and threw it outside.

Laurie

5. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 4 years ago

So many people in this country overreact to the most mundane of things. I'm certain if that spider was a tarantula the size of a dinner plate he would be called a hero.

6. WalterPoon profile image81
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Hmmmm... how about killing a mosquito? I think they should stop all the fishermen and the butchers, instead. Makes more sense, right? And then, we all can be vegetarians.

Great point.
      I guess PETA is going to get our Gov.
      PETA needs to worry about other things like the out right abuse of people with their dogs not with a spider.

7. stanwshura profile image74
    stanwshuraposted 4 years ago

Candidate Obama assassinated a fly on live TV!  Gasp!  Now our leaders are killing spiders?  When does it stop, people?  When does it stop?! 

Oh, screwing around on your spouse should mean divorce and the faithful spouse getting one hell of a judgment in his/her favor re: property and custody.

8. ladydeonne profile image78
    ladydeonneposted 4 years ago

I guess it is a matter of perspective.  I am an animal rights advocate, but my advocacy does not extend to snakes, rats, roaches, bugs, or spiders.  I am terrified of all of these animals and am guilty of killing spiders each time my daughter screams and calls for me to kill one.  I would like not to kill them but I am afraid of them and do not want them on my body, clothing, bed,etc.  If we acknowledge that God is within all living things and that we are one with all things, then it follows that we should not kill.   I've not evolved to that point yet.  I believe that some of your fellow citizens are angry with your governor re his political stance.  They are being awfully petty as to me spiders are not relevant, though I'm certain that the creator has a use for them.

I'm deathly afraid of spiders. If they are outside I let them go.
      I like watching them spin a web. But not in the house.

working