jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Do you believe Amanda Knox is innocent based on what you hear in her interviews?

1. ytsenoh profile image87
    ytsenohposted 4 years ago

Do you believe Amanda Knox is innocent based on what you hear in her interviews?

Will you read her book?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No, I won't read her book but I had decided that I believe she is innocent before her interviews when I was following her second trial and heard the evidence--or lack of evidence.

ytsenohposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks duffsmom.  It is true where there is a lack of evidence, it's hard to convict someone.  I do agree that after watching the interview I saw this week that everything she says or doesn't say, whether she cries or doesn't cry, she is judged.

3. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 4 years ago

This is a very good topic question. Yes, I watched the interview on 60 minutes and I do believe she is innocent! And I will most likely buy her book. smile

Jo, thanks for your comment.  I don't know what I believe, yet.  I do believe that public opinion is a powerful resource.

4. traderjim profile image61
    traderjimposted 4 years ago

Americans are sure she is innocent.
    The English believe she is evil.
    I'm Italian, so I'm not directly involved in national fanaticism (apart from the fact that the murder took place in Italy), and I have to say that I don't like her.

5. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

We don't get the 60 Minutes program here so I never heard her interview.
    I believe that there was no real evidence to her guilt or that if it ever existed the authorities ruined it.
    Given that, I could not convict her.
    The case didn't get the press in the 3rd world that it no doubt did in the States or Europe so I never herd all that much. But given what I did see online I believe she is most likely innocent.
    I certainly can't see any point in a second trial I think it is a complete waste of time, emotion and money in an effort  by the Italians to save face, which will backfire and leave them looking even worse.

Borsia, thanks much for your comment.  The 60 minutes interview is one that I missed.  I suspect it might be similar to the one I saw, maybe.  I do believe as with anyone else, when murder is involved, one will always wonder one's guilt.

6. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

I didn't follow the trial. However, I was struck by her seeming lack of empathy during the interview. More important to me were Diane Sawyer's final words, "The family of the murdered daughter is still waiting to be heard."
    I have no interest in buying the book, or even renting it out for free at the library when it comes available.

savvy, thank you for your comment.  I did not see the 60 minutes interview.  There was an interview on CNN this week.

7. Cynthia Nixon profile image58
    Cynthia Nixonposted 4 years ago

No. Knox does not address any of the evidence against her (see here http://goo.gl/YkedZ) in the book. She just spends 400 pages discussing anything but evidence. Likewise in her interviews very little of the evidence is actually discussed. When it is discussed it is twisted and lied about. Innocent people don't behave that way. An innocent person would state the evidence truthfully and then let people judge.

working