jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you want to be the president of the United States?

1. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

Would you want to be the president of the United States?

Why or Why not?

2. POWERS1205 profile image75
    POWERS1205posted 4 years ago

No. It's a no win situation. You can never make all sides happy no matter what you do, and since a majority is needed to pass anything, nothing ever seems to make it through congress. Unless, of course, your willing to attach certain pet projects to it to buy the votes. The system is too large now. I think that until government is downsized, there will be no such thing as a 'good' president.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Not really. It's a lot of responsibility and you do not always have good details on groups, projects, studies, etc. If information you are giving is false, the blame will be on you. The stress of making a right decision could harm your health. Think of Lincoln. Depressed, not just because of the state of the country but also from his family.

4. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 4 years ago

Definitely no. Dont want to be angry and frustrated all the time.

5. Borsia profile image43
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

It would be very frustrating but I would do it.
    I probably would not be a very popular president so I would have to have a VP who would be bad enough to keep me from being assassinated.
    I would undoubtedly be a 1 termer but when I left office the public would know a great deal more about what really goes on behind closed doors and I would be the most transparent president in history.

6. Man of Strength profile image78
    Man of Strengthposted 4 years ago

I'll answer with a resounding NO! I don't think there is a more polarizing job. Half of the country will revere you and the other half will revile you. No, thanks, I'll stay commander in chief of my house.

7. definitions profile image61
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

No.  It must be a very stressful job, having to think about 1,000,000 different things at any given moment in time and so many varied stakeholders.

8. soconfident profile image83
    soconfidentposted 4 years ago

There are lot of things I would change if I was president, but the job itself seems too stressful, so I'll pass.

working