jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Defecting to China;what does that say about society worldwide?

1. c mark walker profile image61
    c mark walkerposted 4 years ago

Defecting to China;what does that say about society worldwide?

The NSA leak guy defects to China. Who would have ever seen that coming?

2. d.william profile image73
    d.williamposted 4 years ago

Not 'literally' to China itself.  But who can blame him for fleeing this country?  By his standing up for what is right, he will be prosecuted, silenced and imprisoned for life, or assassinated,  for defying the NSA. 
    We are becoming a country no better than Syria.  Free speech only applies when it is used to belittle people, our president, our democracy, women's rights, and to defend discrimination against minorities.

3. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

Defecting to China... what does that say about society worldwide?

I can only say that the NSA leak guy is jumping from the frying pan into the fire, LOL.

4. krisaclark profile image70
    krisaclarkposted 4 years ago

He was freer in 'communist' China than he ever will be if the US gets a hold of him again

5. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Last I saw he hadn't made up his mind or method of travel and is considering several countries.
    I've lived in China and there are a lot worse choices one could make. I haven't "defected" to other countries but I don't live in the US anymore.
    He has no real choice than to defect since returning to the US would be a bad move for him. That doesn't make him un-American just as I am not un-American he saw something going on that went so far against all he believes in that he could no longer be silent. In many ways I salute him for his bravery. He will have to be looking over his shoulder no matter where he goes, probably for the rest of his life.

working