jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the effect of Obama's cancelling talks with Putin before the G-20 Summit

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago

What is the effect of Obama's cancelling talks with Putin before the G-20 Summit?

How it will affect international relations with Russia? Syria and Iran are major concerns between the two countries.

2. Silverspeeder profile image61
    Silverspeederposted 4 years ago

It's just another strategy in the political posturing game.

3. taburkett profile image60
    taburkettposted 4 years ago

Like all childish games, it means very little to the real adults that are participating in the talks. Therefore, the loss will ultimately be assessed against the USA because the narcissistic child will pout and stomp off again when the assessment is assigned.  This means the USA citizen loses as the tyrant government continues to run away from adult talks. 
    What is needed is adult confrontation exhibited genuinely by a competent leader.  But this will not happen because the narcissistic child has already portrayed his irrational resentment and impatience.
    The USA government has become tyrannical under corrupt leadership and an apathetic welfare state.  This mixture has led to a disgusting array of scandals orchestrated by the White House Administration.
    So, it is just another vile attempt by the child that is excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity based on unwarranted feelings of self-importance.  This corrupt narcissistic child cannot handle criticism, so often tries compensate for this inner fragility by disparaging others in an attempt to validate his own perceived self-worth.  The nation loses as the child repeats manipulative behaviors from its disjointed and unreliable parents.
    The USA will be less effective as a result of the childish actions of the President.

4. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

Probably a whole lot of nothing since relations already stink. I am no fan of communism, and I am quite certain that Putin is a Communist at heart.  Yet, part of me respects the man for one quality.  He is stands up for his country unapologetically.  He is a strong leader, even if he is dangerous.  He does not cave to Obama, because he see's him as a political weakling...which he is.  The Russian leadership is not now, and never has been particularly concerned with what the rest of the world thinks of them.  Because the rest of the world rarely has your best interest in mind. So while I am not an advocate for many of Putin's tactics in terms of governance, it must be nice to have a leader with some stones.  It's been awhile in the US since we have had that.  Unfortunately, too many in the US think the best way to address other world leaders is to always play nice and sing kumbaya together.  This lack of realism is why Putin has been able to steam roll the President for sometime now.  But who can blame Putin.  If the other guy will fold his hand no matter what cards he has...why not take the pot.

working