Spanky wants Russia back in the G7 summit.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (100 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 17 months ago

While making our closest allies angry with trade tariffs, Spanky wants our worst antagonist back in the talks. Russia was kicked out of the former G8 summit because of their invasion of Crimea. Russia has shown no remorse for their actions, so why is our fearless leader promoting such a controversial move?

1. IslandBites profile image88
      IslandBitesposted 17 months agoin reply to this

(And after a twitter tirade against Canada.)

He doesn't even try. He knows his base.

Wait for them...

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Would it not be wise to include ALL major countries in trade talks?

But if you want a definitive answer you'll have to ask Trump.  As far as I know he has not explained his reasoning.

Randy Godwinposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Yes it would be wise, if Russia didn't break the summit agreements so blatantly and has shown no remorse for their actions. If they decide not to be a bad actor they would be welcomed back in, but Putin is a thug.

No one can explain why Spanky is so friendly to Putin, and so contentious with our best allies. I think Mueller can eventually clear this up for us though.

Very few Spanky voters care to speculate why he wants Russia back in the summit. Perhaps they've done their homework this time and realize Russia has broke their agreement with the summit member rules too many times. The very fact Spanky is trying to get them back in anyway should say it all. Ask yourself why.

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
            PrettyPantherposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Has Trump offered an explanation? I haven't heard it if he has. I cannot think of a reasonable one myself, but perhaps others can offer up something?

1. IslandBites profile image88

Lol, "we have a world to run." Apparently, he thinks Putin would be good at that. big_smile

Putie told him to say that, I'd wager. He does everything Putie and Sean tells him to. hmm

3. Credence2 profile image81
      Credence2posted 17 months agoin reply to this

Well, Randy, looks like the G-7 show proved to be a phenomenal flop.

Here is an interesting op-ed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/01/opin … ion=Footer

I was curious as to what the administration meant by economic security=national security as the explanation as to why these tariffs are being levied on our staunch allies who have been generally playing by the rules of international trade?

There was mention that the rules can be broken by a trading partner during times of war, or if the commodities involved are convention weapons or nuclear materials.

Trump and his crew are saying that the tariffs will encourage centain key national industries to build industrial capacity in case of war when foreign sources of supply may prove unreliable?

All of this sounds pretty draconian to me and if there any nuances to be identified that I have missed, I don't see them rising to the level of ticking off our close trade partners and allies.

So, now our partners can basically retailiate, and can just as easily use Trump's justification to support imposing such tariffs on the USA.

I am hearing disparaging words regarding this policy from both sides of the isle, is this "the swamp" Trump keeps going on about?

What he will most certainly accomplish is raise the price of materials provided by allied trading partners to the American consumer. Might not be all bad, inflationary pressure will provide me with a larger COLA for my pension next January. I guess that is where I can find my silver lining, but for the average American consumer, not so much.

Did you see the discussion in the article about the Chinese Firm ,ZTE, a true violator of fair trade principles being given the white glove treatment by Trump and his administration?

I have to comment on his obstinate and tactless behavior at the conference. But, that is what conservatives like about Trump as standard, both tactless and obstinate in both domestic and international affairs.

So, now, on to North Korea and let's 'win' there!!!!

They seem to admire his boorish behavior and reckless policies. I'm starting to think if Yrump had his way we'd team up with Russia, China, and North Korea to invade Canada and bomb Germany! Lol

1. Credence2 profile image81

This is a very troubling and odd fellow, he will cozy up only with those that he can manipulate under the guise of 'friendship'. When Trudeau and Macron rediscover their cojones deciding not to be bullied, so an outraged Trump starts with the insults and name calling. I think that Putin has got Trump's in a bunch in some fashion, why else suck up to Russia while dissing our closest allies?

There always seem to be little to redeem him.

I 've decided the same thing, Cred. I don't think he really wanted, or thought he'd win, the Presidency, but was so much in debt--or perhaps blackmail--he had no choice but to give it a try.  Ever see someone so ill prepared in case they won?

2. Randy Godwin profile image92

It's very telling at the lack of excuses from the usual suspects from the Right, isn't it.  Only Dan had the nerve to comment, and he  said he didn't know why Spanky wanted the Russians back in the summit.

The others have remained silent on this subject.  What does this mean?

I don't know. I keep waiting for them to finally be embarrassed or outraged or sickened  by his behavior, but it never happens.They always have an excuse for him, or worse, they are so misinformed about the facts of a situation they're not even aware of his dangerous behavior.

It's because they favor Hannity and Limbaugh for their "facts". The very worst place to depend on for the truth!

It's all so confusing to someone who likes a logical person running our country, Cred.  I suppose crazy is as crazy does, comes the closest to describing Spanky's actions and fans.  yikes

4. dianetrotter profile image66
      dianetrotterposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Spanky wants to be Dear Leader!

This morning he said....
      "He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same." - Trump on Kim Jong Un, who sends people to prison camps for "reeducation" and carries out summary executions

Spanky wants to be a dictator like Putin and Kim, Diane. He admires tyrants and wishes to be one as you can tell by his demeanor. Apparently, there are plenty on the right who want to be his subjects.

1. dianetrotter profile image66

They deserve it!  Not us!

2. Credence2 profile image81

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-says … m-jong-un/

Diane, I can't believe that he said something so dumb and so telling. So, how do the righties continue to justify everything that Trump does and says? So, now, this Kim is just a "tough guy"? This is a brutal and loathsome tyrant and Trump wants to get cozy? Conservatives who continue to fawn this Trump fellow are turning my stomach.

1. dianetrotter profile image66

I think the golden cheeto admires him and would love to be like him.  This is reality tv.  Poor Michael Cohen is out of his gangster suits, no job and on his way to the pockey.  Avenattie is saying, "nea, nea, nea, nea, nea."  Stormy wants more money.  This is crazy.

Kim is a ridiculous cherubic caricature, among the most disgusting of the world's tyrants.  Never in the history of the American Presidency have we been subjected to such madness. If I did not know better, I could easily see this a some kind of situation comedy, but I can't change the channel.

After the IG report there seems to be a testiness from the right I haven't notice before. Could it be SATAN?  tongue

It is satanic or something like it. The Republican Party is Trump and Trump is the GOP, look what happened in the South Carolina GOP primary.

There is an ugly strain in conservatives and conservatism, not to be offended by a man who consistently and frequently express solidarity with dictators and their methods.

Righties will tell you Trumps comments were a joke, I doubt it. Trump contines to come off as a cowardly, small minded authoritarian with a fundamental disdain for democracy and the rule of law rather than the rule of men.

Who can really be attracted to this in America? These supporters need to be on the psychiatrist's sofa.

Me. President, I am not "your people", you are there to serve.

I think a very rude awakening is overdue for those who bet their reputation on Spanky. I mean anyone with any sense at all can see he lies constantly. If you took a poll--and the right answered honestly(good luck with that)--you'd find the same folks who voted for Spanky voted for Dubya twice.

Randy, Trump supporters are a new breed. GW Bush was no where near as contentious or as dangerous. Compared to today, I could see that GW Bush was operating within some sort of reason. Relative to that, Trump is a beast.

Makes me long for the days of Richard Nixon with warm nostalgia compared to the man currently holding the office.

I agree Cred, Trump makes Dubya look like a genius!

2. profile image0
                ahorsebackposted 17 months agoin reply to this

They ALL lie , So .......................? Who performs better ?

Once again this morning Spanky put in a request for Putie to be allowed to play with the others of the G7 Summit. With his disgraceful late appearances disrupting the meetings he chastised our allies while making excuses for Russia's bad behavior while rushing to get away from the Summit itself.

He may just end up like his brofriend Putie and the Summit may end up as a G6 if he don't watch his mouth.

3. Randy Godwin profile image92

Well it turned out just as I suspected. He made a cheesy speech and hauled ass. The other countries decided to carry on without him and I don't blame them. After claiming his relationship with our allies was a "10" in his farewell speech, he began attacking them on Twitter.

I suppose when he pisses all of our allies off the only country we can to turn to is...………..Russia. Hey, that's an idea. We can team up with them and conquer the world!  tongue

https://www.thestarnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/1528574587_Angela-Merkels-stare-down-photo-sums-up-Donald-Trumps-time-at-G-7.JPG

He is an embarrassment. I'm sure his supporters will twist themselves into a tasty pretzel to find a way to praise their little boy.

4. Onusonus profile image78
    Onusonusposted 17 months ago

Good Trump...
    https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/34855901_1984392121619136_8004759411182534656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=db66c933e06cdd0b1e1bdc1bc3796f61&oe=5BBB86A9

Looks like Angela is scolding a petulant child.....and she is!  lol

And still no answers from the usual Spanky defenders as to why he's begging for Putie to be allowed back into the summit.  Simply more preaching......

1. profile image0

Spanky Hater ; The G7 is a political board , Putin is a political leader ,  what exactly don't you get ?   Seriously , Russia is a huge economic engine , Russia is a nation , Maybe it's all just too fifth grade complicated but perhaps if you read a history book you might know why  ; All countries , a single nation + all their leaders + all their economic strengths ,=  a world economy ?

Was that really that hard ?

2. PrettyPanther profile image83

Childish petulance at a meeting of free nations, coupled with obsequious Brown nosing of a murdering dictator.

You like that, eh?

1. Onusonus profile image78
        Onusonusposted 17 months agoin reply to this

They need us, we don't need them.

"We’re like the piggy bank that everybody’s robbing — and that ends.” -Trump

Oh, so wrong. Without allies, the U.S. will no longer be a world leader. Trump is quickly dismantling our standing in the world. Looking forward to us and Russia against the world, huh?

Ma'am, I am a Libertarian, any time a scumbag politician tells the rest of the world they aren't getting free money from the US tax payer I will applaud it.

Quite a simplistic view, but okay.

It's strange to me that just a few years ago Liberals were applauding Obama's announcement that we are no longer a "superpower". Now you want the exact opposite.

https://media.reason.com/mc/_external/2015_02/never-forget.jpg?h=263&w=350

Here is what Obama said:

"It is a vital national security interest of the United States to reduce these conflicts because whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower, and when conflicts break out, one way or another we get pulled into them," Obama said. "And that ends up costing us significantly in terms of both blood and treasure."

He did not say we are no longer a superpower. He did not say we should stop being a superpower. He stated the truth, that sometimes it is a burden.  Truth matters.

That was during a nuclear disarmament speech. And after reading the whole thing it is clear that he was lamenting the fact that we are in deed a nuclear superpower. You may be right that those were not his exact words, however the implication is still there. Liberals slurped it up like a band of peace loving hippies taking a bong rip and conservatives hated it, the political pundits came out in full force both for and against.

Truth matters not for a Spanky fan as they take the lead from their idol!

Okay Onus, when have we ever gone it alone?

2. profile image0

Credence , "the childish petulance "   is all yours and of course a few others here that seem to have trouble with addition .  Why do you REALLY think they are all standing there essentially begging for more of their hands in the cookie jar of the incredible size and scope of the American economy ,which remains twice their combined world economies ?    You didn't skip high school economics  that much right , I mean .......right ?

And before you flip and accuse meanness on my part --look at the attitudes of your own and those of the above . Do you really wonder why we respond this way ?

What evidence that you have outside of the fact that you merely say so, that the US is the "great piggyback" to others in the G-7

The American economy is TWICE the size of the European and Canadian economies combined?

This is true, so does that mean that the entire world is supposed to kiss our arses?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/03/ … s-in-2017/

Be a leader and lead by example, recognizing that cooperation and negotiation gets more accomplished than the utterances of a bully.

3. PrettyPanther profile image83

“Just tell us what Vladimir has on you. Maybe we can help.”

Guy Verhofstadt 's caption.

I'm sure he's been told that before.....

2. Onusonus profile image78

Here's a better one for you.
        https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l-w5Znfcg8w/Wx3Pl1WwePI/AAAAAAAAOHo/LvVzNlvOXM0TOO0_322vO780tBWRxJv4gCLcBGAs/s400/Trump%2Brejects%2Bpiggy%2Bbank.jpg

It is, onus. Spanky getting his ass chewed out by a woman!   lol

A woman with Zero leverage asking for money. Like a five year old girl demanding a pony from her rich daddy.

Really onus, how much did she ask for?  I'll wager you don't know what was said at all.

The summit was focused around five key and ineffective programs for wasting taxpayer money.
                -Investing in growth that works for everyone (particularly politician pockets)
                -Preparing for jobs of the future (you mean special interest groups and lobbyists)
                -Advancing gender equality and women's empowerment (useless gender studies programs for future jobless college graduates)
                -Working together on climate change, oceans and clean energy (AKA Solyndra part II)
                -Building a more peaceful and secure world (whatever the hell that means, jk, more money)

Once again Onus, you claimed she asked for money.  How much did she ask for?  One more time...

You don't think any of those programs will cost money?

Clearly you have no clue how government programs work.

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 17 months ago

My God The brilliance in this thread , I have never seen so much international trade knowledge as I've seen in the Hubpage left of the ABOVE .   Listen ..............in the above Trump rants you can hear the economic brilliance just seething through the responses .  Randy ,Pretty panther , Credence.

As history is being made , "The US.  will no longer be the piggy bank of the rest of the  world ", actually happens . Do ANY of you even begin to understand the intricacies of a trade policy  that is favorable to America rather than Canada , Mexico , China , Russia  ? I doubt seriously that you do or even can .

Look at the industries that have closed down in America's peripheral regions , the industries of , Timber , paper , dairy , farm to table , the automobiles , even solar , wind , transportation of goods , clothing , the shoe industry , virtually every mfg .industry .......................the lists are too  numerable . Living in the border regions I can tell you the truck traffic on the highways coming in here from Canada is extensive .
    What are these trucks hawling ?   Every subsidized man made product known to the retail world and the energy that delivers them as well .

Why do you genius' think that America actually has the largest deficits and  national debt in the world ?   Interest rates for borrowing , for business start ups ?  I know for a fact that some of you here make your living or part of it from the stock market ,  those government employment checks guaranteed  and protected from the dangers of trade deficiencies , from the real world  of economics are very nice packages, no ?    Rage on about Trump ! Spend those guaranteed incomes , I will stick with the renegotiator , he will watch out for us  !

You will accuse me here of disrespecting you here  - but who ARE the real haters than those who rage for the other nations , other  regions of the world other nations  and  spew such raw disrespect  for America and her future?

6. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 17 months ago

I can understand why President Trump would want Russia back and have a G8 summit.  There is much to be gained by being able to directly negotiate with a country like Russia on economic issues.  I ALSO know the reason Russia was removed.  They invaded the Ukraine.  A war where over 10,000 people have died, Crimea has been annexed and there is still daily battles in the Donbass region.  Over 2 million people have also been displaced.   I'm not removed from this conflict.  I continue communication with people in Ukraine.  They are my friends and family.  If they did allow Russia back, I would hope Donald Trump gets concessions when it comes to the Ukraine. I don't think many people in the United States realize how serious the situation is in the Ukraine. 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/14080245.jpg

Not on the right they don't, Mike. I'm pleased you do though. smile

1. Readmikenow profile image95
        Readmikenowposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Randy, in all honesty.  Most people on all sides of the political spectrum don't know or care what goes on in Ukraine.  Obama was horrible to the Ukraine.  People in the Ukraine knew they would fall to Russia if they had depend on Obama to help them.  Donald Trump has at last started sending "defensive" weapons.  Rocket launchers and mortars designed to destroy tanks and more.  It is much better than under Obama, but still not all of what is needed.

So why is Trump sucking up to Russia and wanting them back into the G7, Mike?  I'd think if he was against Russia being in the Ukraine hw wouldn't be so charitable towards Putin.

1. Readmikenow profile image95
            Readmikenowposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Randy, I believe it all comes to what President Trump believes serves the best interest of the United States.  Should Russia be part of the G-7, the member nations would be able to put more economic pressure on Russia.  When you think of Ukraine, you have to think of a people who are desperate. They are a small country who has the daily reality of having a lot of death and destruction from the second largest military in the world on their boarders, who they are now fighting.  Maybe, if Russia is in the G-7, president Trump believes he will have more leverage to negotiate with Putin.  I believe if the United States didn't tell Russia to back off, it would have taken over the Ukraine.  You see, Russia doesn't acknowledge Ukraine's independence that occurred in 1991.  Putin believes the Ukraine should still be part of Russia.  I will tell you, there is now a saying in Ukraine, I will try to translate it in English as best I can and it goes something like "I would rather die in a free Ukraine than live in a Ukraine that is a Russian pet."  I hope president Trump would make peace in Ukraine a condition of Russia rejoining the G7.

1. profile image0

Absolutely right , Include Russia  in the G7 or any equivalent , if Russia is THE rogue nation  in eastern europe , include them .  We and the rest of the world can only gain diplomatically .  If Trump invites them there IS a benefit to us all.       The western world's goyt stop demonizing Russia especially the from left of late ,  include them in economic success and watch them become MORE addicted to capitalism . Reagan knew what would happen if the walls came down , the people would rise to consumerism .

You are quick to have sanctions against Iran and everybody else. I am satisfied with the judgement of the other 6 members of G-7. Why should Trump's sole opinion override the opinion of 6 other sovereign nations in the group? Who does he think he is? Are we all just supposed to be overwhelmed by his sheer presence, "The Petulant One"? There is a reason why Russia is out, perhaps if Mr. Trump did his homework and stop 'shooting from the lip', he would have a better appreciation of the decision and how it came to be?

1. profile image0

You need to get over your Russia phobia Credence ,  You're an adult  you can do this .    Sanctions are temporary and serve a defined purpose . Rgay are not ever permanent ,  Why should Russia be sanctioned forever ?    "Who does he think he is ?"     He's the electorally chosen leader of the free world ,  and if and when the other leaders look up to America for direction . 

If you must have a phobia , let it be towards the stupidity of an obstruction oriented media and party that hate anything Trump does good or bad  ,why do you all follow the party line unquestioning , that is the major question that needs answering . Why not learn independent thought ?

2. IslandBites profile image88

"This used to be the G8, not the G7, and something happened a while ago where Russia is no longer in." - Trump

Agree.

Spanky didn't know what happened?  lol  What a Putie Puppet he is!

1. Castlepaloma profile image73
              Castlepalomaposted 17 months agoin reply to this

Yes, Putin is a better chess player.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)