jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do think of California's new "transgender" law getting passed?

1. BuffaloGal1960 profile image73
    BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years ago

What do think of California's new "transgender" law getting passed?

What do you think about California's new transgender law regarding school bathrooms and locker rooms?

2. LandmarkWealth profile image79
    LandmarkWealthposted 4 years ago

Another example of the vast majority of people being placed in an uncomfortable situation to make the small minority feel comfortable.  It is just another example of the lunacy and rapid decline of American society.  So now a 14 year old girl has to get changed in a girls locker room in front of a 14 year old boy for gym class, because he feels that on that day he was a girl.  Her feelings don't count.  It's only important that he feels comfortable. And if he feels he is alternating between boy and girl from one day to the next, he can make everyone uncomfortable.  Although it's not quite this bad in my neck of the woods, this is exactly why my wife (who is a public school teacher) and I have opted to send our kids to private school.

BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer Landmark. I agree with you too!  I'm glad HP decided to publish the question. I didn't think they were going to.  I think it is important. I wonder, will the Supreme Court overrule on this?  Is it too late to be overturned?

3. Sunkist123 profile image61
    Sunkist123posted 4 years ago

I hadn't heard about it, but I think it's ridiculous & harmful.  The growing-up years can be confusing enough- kids don't need something else to be confused about. 
    Admittedly, there was something about the popular term that bothered me, but I couldn't figure out til I read an article on another site- the term 'glbt.'  What it comes to:  if a person is gay, that's what he or she is;  if a person is straight, that's what he or she is;  BUT this 'transgender' stuff is (as the other article said) about 'expressing' and 'experimenting,' and that's entirely different from a person having rights & respect for what he or she IS.  We're ending up with younger generations where kids don't know whether they're male or female, gay or straight or something else-  and I can't see how that's in any kid's best interest.

BuffaloGal1960posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree.  What's more....What prevents a male teen from acting as the opposite sex in order to rape a teen girl in the locker room?   I detest this law!

4. GothicSapphire profile image76
    GothicSapphireposted 2 years ago

Since it seems that all of the comments on this question are woefully bigoted, allow me provide the flip side of the debate... if, that is, you view the health and well-being of transgender youth as a "debate."

I am a transgender person. I did not wake up one day and decide that I didn't want to be female; rather, I spent my whole life not feeling female and wondering if there was something wrong with me. When I stumbled across the concept of being non-binary on social media, I finally had the means of understanding myself.

What the prior posters fail to grasp is that transgender people like myself aren't trying to tear down society, destroy gender, or promote some type of "sinful" or "perverted" life style (only if you insist, and it does sound like fun). We're just trying to live our lives.

I can guarantee you, going through the risks of being disowned by one's family or murdered, and facing daily psychological harm by being seen as the wrong gender at all times, is not some "decision" we come to thinking it would be "fun" to peep at girls if we're trans girls. I don't have a locker room for myself, so I use the women's. Am I trying to molest anyone? No. In the 1 year I've been out as trans, I've had no desire nor made no attempt to do anything inappropriate towards a woman, in a locker room, bathroom, etc. But if I were to use the men's, I could get beaten, raped, or killed. (I notice all the answers on here seem to be from cis men? Y'all are the real danger to women, trust me, not us.)

Transphobia kills. It always has, ever since the white settlers encountered Two-spirit natives and decided they had better "act normal" or die. It causes us to commit suicide in higher rates than the norm, and be murdered in higher rates, as well.

I wish all of you commenting here had given a damn about Leelah Alcorn before she had killed herself, but I can imagine you'd probably treat her no better than her parents did, who buried her as a boy.

In conclusion, you're all pathetic.

working