Public school students to use bathrooms AND locker rooms consistent with their g

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 7 years ago

Public school students to use bathrooms AND locker rooms consistent with their gender identity...

....in a letter just sent out by Obama, which threatens loss of funding or lawsuits if Public School Administrators don't comply with his demands. The media doesn't mention locker rooms, but allowing transgender children into locker rooms (of the sex with which they identify) is in the letter.  What are your thoughts on Obama's threat to cut off funding to schools, not to mention having boys in girls locker rooms?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13016599_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 7 years ago

I would have to question what percentage of our entire population identify themselves as being transgender?  I would have to believe it would be a very small number.  It is amazing we have survived all these years without having to cater to a very small minority group such as transgenders.

I see it as an opportunity for voyeur's to claim to be transgender just to enjoy their hobby.

In my mind there are some far more serious issues for this President to spend his remaining time in office to deal with.  But then he is also trying to get as many things included in his legacy as possible, and the trannie's of the world will love him forever.

Having boys in girls locker rooms is just plain outrageous.  If I had children in school and this was happening, I would pull them out of school immediately.

1. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Poolman, About 3%. My understanding is that some transgendered people thought it was better to leave well enough alone. For Obama to threaten lawsuits or to pull funding is blackmail. His letter is not a law. Still, he is acting like a King, as usual

2. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But then something as silly as this draws attention away from his many other failings.  This is a subject he feels he can do something about even if it does just involve 3% of our population.  Just another Obama smoke screen in action.

3. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You think kids at school are going to pretend to be transgendered and risk being bullied, shunned by peers, and change their entire lifestyle so they can get into the girl's/boy's washroom? Huh. That sounds entirely unlikely to me.

4. profile image0

In San Diego, a girl who identifies as a boy changed in the boy's locker room. The boys were very uncomfortable. A jam- packed meeting at the school ensued... http://www.latimes.com/local/education/ … story.html

5. profile image0
      LoliHeyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That percentage will grow, now that boys can go into the girls room, and it seems to be trendy.

6. profile image0

Well, actually, in the San Diego instance, it was a girl going into the boy's locker room and changing. Surprisingly, the boys were really uncomfortable with this. I feel badly that kids are placed in this position. The boys didn't like this...

7. profile image0

Kids should not be put in that position, no matter what gender they are.

8. Aime F profile image70

Really. You think boys will be willing to literally change their entire lives around and live as the opposite gender just to peek at girls in their underwear?

9. profile image0

Aime some boys might on a dare from their friends.   This could cause many problems in our schools that already have plenty of problems to deal with.   They need to focus on teaching not monitoring sexual preferences.

10. Aime F profile image70

Uh, they could do that now, too.  A boy who is clearly not actually transgendered would suffer the same consequences as they would now. A school will know if it's real or if it's a prank.

11. profile image0

Aime, forget about the boys peeking at girls. We have a problem now, in the real world, with transgender girls with feminine bodies going into boys locker rooms and taking their clothes off.  This is a problem.

12. Aime F profile image70

I would argue that shared change rooms for adolescents is a problem in general. I'm in favour of just letting all kids change in private.

13. profile image0

How is that an argument? Are you proposing your idea as a solution? If so, why, Aime? I am interested?

14. Aime F profile image70

I'm saying I have a hard time commenting on transgendered kids specifically being allowed to change with other kids when I think they should all have privacy regardless of gender.

Bathrooms are a non-issue, no exposure.

15. profile image0

That's fair.

16. profile image0

Aime, are you serious?  Of course prepubescent boys will pretend anything to see naked girls.  Or take pics and cyberbully.  If the school is big enough and not everyone knows everyone, how much do you want to bet?

17. Aime F profile image70

If the school's big enough & not everyone knows everyone, what's stopping them from pretending to be a girl now? The rule doesn't allow boys to PRETEND to be girls. If they're not actually trans it will become clear quite quickly.

18. dianetrotter profile image60
      dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Aime, this is a trumped up problem.  You can't tell a transgender person from a real woman or man IF they are dressed like it.  Who will know?  This is an over effort to push the homosexual agenda on Christians and others who have a different belief

19. dianetrotter profile image60

yep!

20. Link10103 profile image61
      Link10103posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ooh, my comment mystically vanished. I thought spooky stuff was supposed to happen yesterday...

Oh wait. It was deleted. Darn hmm

21. profile image0

Link. All comments that have vulgar language will always mystically vanish on my hubs or Q&A's. If you decide to speak like a mature adult, then your comments will remain. If you can't do that, then go elsewhere where people have lower standards.

22. Link10103 profile image61

I apologize I guess, but that's something you bother to warn people about once, rather than automatically deleting it seeing as how I actually had a point made.

Don't pretend I just started shouting obscenities for the heck of it.

23. Link10103 profile image61

And if we're talking about standards, the prevalent theme of this thread is basically that adolescent boys are perverted crazies that will do anything to see a girl naked, but you're fine with that?

Not much of a high standard to boast about, Savvy.

24. profile image0

Link, I welcome your points, minus any language that detracts from the point you are trying to make. Perhaps I will warn people in the future. Having made these things clear elsewhere, I tend to assume people know how I feel about vulgarity.

25. dianetrotter profile image60

savvy, you don't have to warn me about curse words.  I don't use them.  Which brings up the point, each person has his/her own morals.  Obama should do what he feels is correct in his house.  The US government will be held accountable if a child is m

26. profile image0

I know you don't curse Diane. wink By house, do you mean Obama's own house or the office he holds? He is over-reaching in saying he'll take away funding for public schools. How will that help any kid? These are strange times. (sigh)

27. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The figure I found is only .3% rather than 3%. http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/w … r-2011.pdf

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image51
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

Obama is lost, and he feels left out this year, so he is just being Obama and making another congressional decision. He still thinks he is congress. Poor soul, no one will miss him. they don't now.

1. profile image0

No, he is just throwing up another smoke screen to draw our attention away from the important things he is not dealing with.

2. profile image0
      Karen KLDposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's amazing how so many still support him.

3. dianetrotter profile image60

The more I think about it the more upset I get.  Girls and boys go through a stage when they are very insecure.  Girls have a certain time of the month when they need to take care of personal issues.  Boys should not be around.

4. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 7 years ago

He's a jerk.  Now adolescent boys can freely walk into the girls bathroom, and soon, locker room, and see naked girls!!!  All they have to do is say they are transgender, and it will be okay.  What the hell is this guy thinking?  Doesn't he have any common sense?

1. profile image0

Lolita, We'll see how this plays out, but it's already causing some trouble in schools. You might want to read the short article I supplied to Amie.

2. tamarawilhite profile image87
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Nor does it treat the underlying mental illness these people have, which is why in Europe, those who had surgery are as likely to kill themselves as those who don't, while living in nations that had far greater tolerance of it.

3. profile image0

That's imtetesting, Tamara. I'll look it up. Do you have a link we can look at?

4. dianetrotter profile image60

No!

5. profile image0
      Karen KLDposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What's even more mind boggling is that he's ok with boys using the ladies' room while his daughters are in there. smh

5. tamarawilhite profile image87
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

This is why federal funding was such a bad idea - it erodes state sovereignty and pushes centralization of power.

On the gender identity issue, it is insane to say that a mentally ill, biologically intact man in a dress sexually attracted to women gets to use bathrooms, locker rooms, changing rooms, showers, women's shelters, the girls' cabin on a school trip, girl's hotel room, etc.
    Note - 80%+ of "trans" are men, fewer than a quarter have had the male plumbing removed, and most retain normal sexual attraction to women, hence the statement one is both trans and lesbian instead of a man with severe dysphoria but still sexually attracted to women.

1. profile image0
      Robilo2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am also a "States Rights" person.  If the states would stop taking fed money for grants, projects, whatever - then we would not be vulnerable to the fed dictations.

6. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11862718_f260.jpg

While I am all for LGBT equality, this issue is beyond ridiculous.  Children should go to bathrooms based upon their gender assignment, not gender identity.  If a girl identifies herself as a boy but looks like a girl, guess what she is a GIRL & vice versa!  The main concern is children receiving a good quality competitive education so they can be successful in this 21st century, postmodern economy! Really there are FAR MORE important educational issues out there, Mr. Obama!

1. profile image0

Grace, there you go spouting that common sense stuff again.  I truly believe this is just another smoke screen to divert our attention away from important matters.

2. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

5 x 10  is still 50 even though some may propose that 5 x 10  perhaps isn't 50 but 70.  There is a big difference between gender identity & gender assignment.  Pure simple logic.  What happened to logic?

3. profile image0

I agree, Grace. School is where you get an education. It's hard enough for junior high and high school kids to deal with their changing bodies and hormones without having to worry about an undressed girl in their locker room, and vice verse .

4. profile image0

Absolutely right.

5. dianetrotter profile image60

There should be an organized, National uprising over this.  I'm already financially supporting efforts to shove this down his throat.

6. profile image0

My nephew has a diagnosed Bi-Polar disorder, so can he go to school only on the days he feels "comfortable" going?  What is the Fed trying to distract us from?

7. SmartAndFun profile image94

A high school in IL allowed a boy full access to girls locker rooms & facilities; approx. 50 girls have sued. Here's pdf of the suit, which outlines the girls' experiences sharing a locker room w/a boy. http://www.adfmedia.org/files/SPPcomplaint.

8. profile image0

And if you are a thin person convinced that you are fat (anorexic), should we encourage you to waste away and die?  Are you "trans-fat?"

7. dianetrotter profile image60
    dianetrotterposted 7 years ago

If Hillary even moves her lips on this, she is DOA!

1. profile image0

Hillary has been very quiet on this issue, All Establishment Democrats have been pretty mum on Obama's directive, matter of fact.

2. dianetrotter profile image60

This ticks me off no end!  I hope there are mass protest.  In very major city, protestors should protest in front of US Senate or Representatiive's office and hold a rally.  NO VIOLENCE.  INTELLIGENT DIALOG ONLY.

3. profile image0

Right. We need to look at the big picture. Schools can't have unisex lockers and showers. Common sense dictates that we're asking for even bigger problems. And for Obama to threaten schools that don't comply? Unbelievable!

4. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Obama is quite incomprehensible.  His main focus in his "presidency" was social issues, forget about more important educational & socioeconomic issues.  Our schools & economy has gotten worse since his tenure in office.

8. Dylanrrichard profile image67
    Dylanrrichardposted 7 years ago

It is important that we help transgender children along their transition, or they can end up committing suicide like the many that have in the past.

This is not a new concept, in fact, transgendered children have been doing this since the beginning of time. People fail to remember this ever being an issue, because it wasn't an issue. Until North Carolina's HB2, this was totally acceptable and legal. The problem arose when HB2 decided to start governing the bathroom to -air parentheses- "protect the children", when in reality they were simply banning transgendered individuals from using the bathroom and locker room that they have been using since they were children.

When the governments of states want to start limiting the rights of others, the federal government steps in to put a stop to it. This is what Obama is doing, to prevent any further trauma to transgendered children.

This trauma includes having to use a restroom and locker room that does not fit them, increasing the risk for further self-image issues, bullying, and further isolation. Children who are transgendered suffer tremendously in schools, we cannot add to their suffering.

Now, I do see how this can be an open door for deviant boys who want to just peep on the girls, but being able to use the girls' rooms would require the teenage boy to actually identify as a female. From what I know about children and adolescent psychological development, this is a huge barrier. Boys in school age will not say they are female simply to spy on the girls, and I bet the girls would not do the same. Also, you don't just wake up one day and say, "I think I want to be a boy/girl." The transgender students would have already been identified and schools would most likely be contacted about issues that they face by parents.

This is again, a case of fear mongering by the mass media. Think for yourselves and you will see that this is an act to protect children, not put them at further risk.

1. dianetrotter profile image60

I know many lgbt people who have not committed suicide.  They have not raised a fuss about going to any bathroom they choose to go to.  They don't want to be bullied or made fun of and they shouldn't.

2. Dylanrrichard profile image67
      Dylanrrichardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I never said all transgendered youth commit suicide, but they are at a high risk. Especially if we start making them use facilities that don't match their gender identity.

3. dianetrotter profile image60

People with depression are at higher risk for suicide.  They need help in working through what depresses them.  "Start" doesn't really explain what has been going on ad infinitum.

4. profile image0

A thoughtful reply, Dylan. I don't think LBTG's are deviant molestets, etc.
      My issue is with 1) Obama's threat and 2) unisex lockers rooms. I supplied a link earlier where a girl undressed in front boys in San Diego. A packed conference ensued.,,

5. Dylanrrichard profile image67
      Dylanrrichardposted 7 years agoin reply to this

G. Diane, many trans children also suffer from depression, stemming from the chaos caused by not psychologically identifying with their born gender. To help them through this depression would be to simply make sure they have a safe transition.

6. profile image0

Thinking for myself - an having the awareness that school bathrooms are the most used location for bullying (ask any teacher).  I do not think the transkids will be protected from bullying with this Federal Advice.

7. dianetrotter profile image60

Dylan, laymen cannot make diagnoses.  Professionals make them.  I went to a psychologist about my fear of being alone at night.  After a myriad of tests and conversations, his diagnosis was that I had problems in my relationship with my mother.

8. SmartAndFun profile image94

Fear mongering is also being used by the trans lobby, which constantly spouts the "transition or suicide" meme. The 41% statistic is flawed; even the author of the study admits that. 60-90% of kids outgrow their gender dysphoria with time & matur

9. profile image0

Hmmm. Interesting. I did see a documentary in which a girl became a boy and now wishes he hadn't. But that was just one person. Thanks for the info, SmartAndFun.

10. SmartAndFun profile image94

I predict a slew of lawsuits once today's large # of transkids grows up to realize they've been lied to & in reality can't become the opposite sex. Kids are being allowed to decide to trade healthy bodies to become STERILE lifelong medical patien

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)