jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Tell me about Syria

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Tell me about Syria

I missed a day or two of news and would love to hear what you folks have to say on the topic

2. abernathy profile image62
    abernathyposted 4 years ago

I have actually just published a hub about this. http://abernathy.hubpages.com/hub/Syria-News

As for the last two days, it is becoming increasingly evident that Assad did in fact use chemical weapons, killing hundreds of people. This in turn as created international outrage and several countries, including the US, are considering taking action.

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
      ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing the hub! It was very helpful!

3. Ms Dee profile image85
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

I have published one, too.
    http://ms-dee.hubpages.com/hub/Persecut … -East-News

Also, see my response to the Question "Do you believe that the USA government will take the proper steps in Syria to provide protection to ..."

4. Writer Fox profile image59
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

There are more than 1.5 million Syrian refugees from the two-year Civil War in the Syria Arab Republic. More than 100,000 Syrians have been killed as documented by the United Nations. Children in Syria are starving to death as the Civil War rages.

The findings of a US intelligence report revealed that the Syrian government used a nerve agent in an August 21st chemical weapons attack against its own civilian citizens. 1,429 people were killed in the attack, including at least 429 children. The use of chemical weapons is illegal under international law.

There are 49 countries where Muslims are the majority, and not one has stepped forward to stop the carnage and the slaughter of fellow Muslims. On Friday, the UK lost the respect of the world when it announced that it refused to join an international coalition led by the US to prevent further use of chemical weapons.  Only France and Israel have agreed to assist.  The intervention is imminent and is expected on Rosh Hashanah.

Syria has been on the U.S. State Department's list of state sponsors of terrorism since 1979.  US Secretary of State John Kerry said in an August 30th briefing at the State Department that Syria could not go unpunished for such a crime against humanity.

Over the weekend Israel Defense Force Chief of General Staff Binyamin Gantz said that if Israel is attacked in retaliation, "it is clear to all world leaders that the price the attacker will pay will be heavy." (Israel is providing medical assistance to Syrian refugees able to cross the border and is giving hospital care free of charge.) Israel has provided its citizens, including one million Muslims, with gas masks.

Richard D. Heideman, international attorney and author of The Hague Odyssey said in an interview on Friday: "I believe the United Nations has acted grossly improperly by not putting a stop to the Syrian attack on its on people. The UN Security Council is beyond comprehension.  Russia and China standing at the Security Council has made the United Nations impotent and the world cannot permit that any longer.  There has to be an intervention that will hold Assad responsible and I call for war crimes charges and crimes against humanity charges to be brought against Assad and his leadership in the Syrian Arab Republic for the way they have turned on their people and to be held fully accountable in international law."

Expect significant events in the coming week.

working