jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What's your solution for the situation in Syria?

1. wiserworld profile image94
    wiserworldposted 4 years ago

What's your solution for the situation in Syria?

2. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

Kick the US out!

Kick out all foreign influence. Arrest all CIA and SIS operatives and throw them in a dungeon. The Syrian government should find out who brought in the sarin gas and reveal them to the world. I suspect that will be America. They've already proven themselves to be hypocrites of the highest order -- saving the world for Halliburton and Lockheed Martin by destroying one democracy after another.

Let Syrians take care of Syria.

They don't have a Rothschild Central Bank like most of the countries of the world. That's a good thing. America has had nothing but trouble ever since we installed ours in 1913. And Libya has been doing horribly ever since they were forced to accept the poisonous economic parasite a couple of years ago.

Too many Americans are force-fed Corporate Party news and don't know any better. They are robots doing knee-jerk reactions to whatever they're told.

I happy to see that some are starting to wake up, but the seductive nature of Normalcy Bias and American exceptionalism is strong.

I've seen hubbers, who I consider otherwise relatively intelligent folk, say the most inane things. One fellow said that the "conspiracy theories" of 9/11 have all been debunked, but he couldn't give me any sources. He had never read any. In other words, he was hiding his head in the sand and was too dumb and lazy (or afraid) to look. But his comment is even more telling, because the facts I had mentioned he automatically labeled as "conspiracy theory." Since when are facts "conspiracies" or "theories?" Such is the knee-jerk reaction of too many Americans who have been spoon-fed "labels" and "instant gratification" for too long. They can't think for themselves on things that are controversial or that go against their cozy little worldview.

Conspiracies do exist in this world. The CIA finally admitted to their 1953 conspiracy and action to overthrow a democratically-elected leader in Iran. Making the world "safe for democracy?" What a crock! What hypocrisy!

1. dutchman1951 profile image62
      dutchman1951posted 4 years agoin reply to this

not to be rude here, but we need real facts, to address syrian issues, not more disaster theory poised as facts. we need to narrow the discussion and go fact for fact to see what the real root issues are, then discuss...

3. RealityTalk profile image60
    RealityTalkposted 4 years ago

I have no solution for the situation in Syria.  That is a problem to be solved by the Syrians.  There is a thing called national sovereignty which the U.S. only seems to acknowledge when the U.S. refers to the U.S.  For other countries to respect national sovereignty, the U.S. must respect national sovereignty. 

There is no national-security threat to the U.S. that requires this country send troops, weapons or any kind of military aid into Syria.  There is only the possibility of a threat to U.S. corporate interests.  I cannot understand how any intelligent person can buy the argument that the U.S. government is concerned about the people of Syria and that is why they want to commit money we do not have & the lives of Americans (who are not related to the corporate powers).  And the cry of chemical weapons is a transparent mask for entry.  Chemicals, missiles, guns or rocks all kill.  Since when is there a nice way to kill. 

It is about time the U.S. pulled back its weakened world empire & started caring for the poor people in the U.S. who they tax & use as soldiers to fight their illegal corporate battles to control the assets of the world.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 4 years ago

Leave them alone. they need to take care of themselves and getting involved in middle east politics is a no-winner .

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

After watching a video of the rebel leader of the militia fighting against the government, I have changed my mind about arming this maniac. He shoots a Syrian soldier in the head and proceeds to cut out his heart, then takes a bite out of it. Is this the kind of maniacs that we want to arm? I think not. Just let these idiotic, radical muslims kill one another. We need to stay out of this mess for sure.

6. CrescentSkies profile image86
    CrescentSkiesposted 4 years ago

Pull out before Obama make us lose even more face. We've already lost credibility after this garbage.

working