What would you do if your family was threatened by a group of bikers

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (78 posts)
  1. RealityTalk profile image61
    RealityTalkposted 10 years ago

What would you do if your family was threatened by a group of bikers

Recently, an incident occurred where a group of bikers appear to antagonize the driver of an SUV. One biker stares in driver window than pulls in front of SUV & intentionally slows causing SUV to bump him.  The bikers than all stop on the road & surround the SUV threatening the driver whose wife & child are in the SUV with him. The SUV takes off running over bikers. The bikers chase, catch him, pull him out of the SUV and beat him. What would you do under the same circumstances to protect your family?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8410049_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 10 years ago

Not much you can do after getting beat up by a crazy bunch of people, bikers or otherwise. I would suggest, however, to avoid making overt eye contact with a swarm of bikers. Some people go bonkers when stared at. Biker gangs seem especially prone to the malady.

RealityTalkposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good advice! It is best to avoid trouble & not look for it.  Macho egos tend to attract other macho egos & the combination leads to nothing but trouble. Who knows, might have been eye contact & or words between biker & SUV driver.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

If my family were threatened by anyone, I would do the exact thing that this man had to do. What a senseless, barbaric act of violence. There was a 2 year old in this car for God's sake. I would go to "any" lengths to protect my family.

Our dog got out of fence & playfully circled a dog a man was walking. The man kicked my dog. I picked up 85 lb dog, carried to yard. My wife appolg. if dog scared him. He stuck finger in face & yelled f-word. I called wife to me. If touched h

4. LandmarkWealth profile image66
    LandmarkWealthposted 10 years ago

Ideally, I would have pulled out a 9mm and pointed it at the first person coming at me. Chances are they'd back off.  But since NY makes getting a carry permit impossible, that was not an option for him.  After all, we need to protect the criminals from getting shot while assaulting innocent citizens.  Given his circumstances, he should have just run them all off the road with his car by swerving while he was driving.  The FDR highway is narrow.  Those bikers would have never made it.  Instead he drove right into a traffic stop which looked to me like about 175th street from the video.  Waiting for a cop up there, means waiting awhile.

I believe the bikers surrounded his SUV. I assume he was fearful for his family & felt he had no choice but to go over them. I can understand. If by myself I would have stood my ground. With my family, I would take no chances.

2. LandmarkWealth profile image66
      LandmarkWealthposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't blame the guy...He was scared.  But once he was headed down the highway with them following, he should have run a few off the road.  When a few end up implanted in the divider, the rest will get the message.

3. Express10 profile image86
      Express10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

LandmarkWealth, I also would have played vehicular whack a mole, even with flat tires like the SUV driver had due to the punks. I won't even start going off about how seriously silly NY is in protecting their criminals smile

4. LandmarkWealth profile image66
      LandmarkWealthposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No kidding....I live here.  We do a great job of making defenseless victims here.

5. brblog profile image80
    brblogposted 10 years ago

I would jump up on the nearest table and dance to the song "tequila" of course - hey, it worked for Pee Wee Herman!

I know, this is a serious question but I just could not help myself - sorry.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85
      Billie Kelpinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

love it smile

2. RealityTalk profile image61

Levity has a way of making the nastiest stare turn into a smile. But I think these bikers had a collective chip on their shoulder. It appears they instigated & were looking for trouble. They got it, but not how they imagined.

6. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 10 years ago

My wonderful macho husband is a software engineer who wears science-y (I won't call them geeky) clothes and is 66 years old.  However, he's been shooting pool (8 ball and 9 ball) in pool halls since he was in college.  He can walk into any pool hall in any part of any city in the country and start playing with anyone. In this circumstance, I think he initially would have rolled down the window, smiled, and said "Nice bikes," and he would have meant it! That's all he sees. If they started to harass him, he'd just remain cool.  I think that's the way he would have protected us.

Not being there, it is difficult to say what the right approach would be. The instigating biker was hit by the SUV. A smile might have appeased 1 or 2 bikers, but this was a gang of bikers with a mob mentality. I think a smile would not have helped.

2. Billie Kelpin profile image85

RT, I mean at the very OUTSET of the whole scenario.  I was never so afraid of walking in a bad neighborhood when I was with my friend in her silk coat who kept holding my arm because she was scared.  Crafty has a good point re: fear

3. RealityTalk profile image61

No offense to Crafty, but she sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Men may pause 4 a woman, but not another man, especially if in a gang & looking for trouble. What do u suggest. The man get out of the SUV & flip off 20 irate bikers or shoo

7. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 10 years ago

firstly i ride a bike,.... the idea that these thugs might be labled "bikers" bothers me,... but where i live they would have met a very quick and decisive fate,.... these little crotch rocket brats would have found thier arses in a sling they couldnt wrigle free from,... every one here packs,.... problem solved,... these kind of brats will always ALWAYS find thier victim,... they CHOSE an suv with a family in it, in an urban area,.... didnt see them rattling the doors of a beat up pick up truck with a "W" bumper sticker and beer cooler in the back did you?..... nope.

I mean no offense by referring to them as "bikers." My brother has ridden a bike for 40 years. But if anyone fit the stereotypical tag of "biker," I think these guys did. They appeared to be looking for trouble & they got it - not as imagined.

2. stclairjack profile image77
      stclairjackposted 10 years agoin reply to this

i have to repectfully dissagree,... even so called "1%" bikers would have dissaproved of this kind of behavior,.... they are nothing more than common thugs who happened to be on bikes,... the mode of transport did not dictate thier actions.

I think we agree. Bikers is a term used for a stereotype which may accurately describe this gang. Someone who "rides" a bike is not a "biker" merely because he rides 1. I can play football w/out being a pro player. You're arguing semantics.

4. stclairjack profile image77

we may be arguing semantics, but if one can be possessive of a word or symbol, such as the "N" word or confederate flag or holocaust, bikers can be touchy when it comes to the word "biker"... semantics are a worthwhile fight at times.

5. RealityTalk profile image61

I can respect that. Don't threaten me & I won't run you over. Sorry. lol.

6. Express10 profile image86

You said it well, anyone can look at them in the video and see they are thugs with a sense of entitlement for public roads. They were looking for trouble and they started it all. I hope all the "bikers" in this case go to jail.

7. stclairjack profile image77

ultimate respect to you my friend reality talk! LMAO!

8. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I thought the same thing when I saw this clip on the news and the reporters kept referring to them as "bikers" -- I said "They're not bikers. REAL bikers would kick those posers' a**es in about two seconds." Haha.

8. CraftytotheCore profile image76
    CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years ago

I'm a fantastic negotiator.   I have been able to negotiate several situations in which violence would have occurred if I hadn't stepped in.  Having said that, for most people fear is the deciding factor that determines what a person will do or how they will react in a situation such as this.

I learned years ago to protect myself.  My grandfather was in one of the first boxing leagues of the east coast here in our neck of the woods, and he taught me to box when I was growing up.  Having said that, I have no fear and have done things that other people would consider utterly stupid.

A trucker tried to intimidate me once when I was driving elderly relatives to the shopping center.  He almost hit my car.  I finally stopped the car, jumped out, and before he could move his truck, I got up on his stoop and let him know who he was messing with.  He didn't bother us any more.  Now, that was a different time, if he had pulled out a gun, I'd be in trouble.

Another time when I was working in a law firm, there was a building next door that was a known drug house.  The worker bees were using the law firm's driveway as a place to do their deals.  One night I worked late and when I was leaving, there was a drug deal going on.  I didn't care.  I just wanted to get home.  They blocked me in and started threatening me with a knife.  I jumped out of my car, heels and skirt, and told them to get out of my way.  They did.  Next day they came in the office looking for me.  I was right up in the front where my mail box was.  They brought friends.  The managing partner came flying down the stairs and jumped between us. I already had my heels set aside, my sleeves rolled up and made it very clear I wasn't afraid of all six of them and would take them if I had to.

They ended up going to federal prison and the mother who owned the house thanked me personally for not backing down. 

As far as this scenario goes, I would not have run over anyone (at least I hope I wouldn't).  I would have tried to call for help.  Kept the windows and doors locked.  When you have children to protect, it becomes a completely different ball game.  Honey buys more time than vinegar.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image85

Brilliant! Love it! You're amazing! I once confronted two MPs at Ft. Lewis. Skinny me (at the time) got out of my car in my short shirt/ heels, put my hands on my hips and said, "WHAT!?" (My husband had had a long day on base n I was picking him up.

2. RealityTalk profile image61

I have also negotiated myself & others out of dangerous situations. I saved a man's life who was stabbed & mugged by 2 guys twice my size. But I did it to help someone, I don't go after people - that is foolish. Bravado, macho is dangerous.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image85

Rt, I think everyone here has a good point. I didn't watch the video until now.  It appears the person on the bike wanted the SUV to get out of the way and his was an unwise choice. It's too bad the SUV didn't signal, pull to the shoulder way before

4. RealityTalk profile image61

BK, I wasn't there & 4 all I know the SUV driver flipped off the biker, but it sounds like u r siding with the biker. I'm sorry but if my family is w/me & 20 bikers threaten them, I will neither smile nor attack. I will do whatever to protect

5. Billie Kelpin profile image85

RT, not siding w the biker; I think that was a foolish thing to do.The later chase was unconscionable. I guess I'm responding to my own uncontrolled rage when someone beeps at me at a stop light. I know that no reaction is sometimes the best reaction

6. RealityTalk profile image61

BK, my pt exactly. So many bad situations can b avoided if we just let it go. I used to overreact with anger, but I like to believe I'm not just older, but wiser. So many unnecessary evils follow bad tempers & macho bravado.

9. thomasczech profile image44
    thomasczechposted 10 years ago

I saw the video of those idiots. I would have police on the phone and kept on driving. No slowing down. The idiots on bikes are threatening, and deserve whatever happens, even if they end up under the tires of my truck.

I believe the bikers forced the SUV to a stop by surrounding him. It's a situation that shouldn't have happened. Macho attitudes & cocky behavior frightened a family and cost a biker the ability to walk.

2. Express10 profile image86

The SUV driver made several police calls and the punks slashed his tires deliberately to flatten them. The driver got stuck in traffic and was beaten. I would have rolled on rims over the punks until I saw police cars swarming.

10. Express10 profile image86
    Express10posted 10 years ago

At the start of this video, the driver of the Rover came upon what appeared to be at least one, if not more than one hundred bikers who were all completely stopped and refused to move on a three lane highway. At some point the SUV driver had enough and forced his way through and a fair number of the bikers took chase, slashing his tires and threatening all the occupants.

If I were the SUV driver I would have rolled over many more of them intentionally and not let a dang one of them near my loved ones. If this means rolling back and forth on sparking rims, so be it. They were asking for it and got angry that they could not hold up traffic without a permit. They were breaking in windows with a child in the car, granted it appears that the guy doing that stopped when he saw the kid, he just moved on with the others to attempt beating the driver in front of the 2 year old.

First off, the bikers were totally in the wrong and illegally blocked traffic on a multi lane public highway/road. If they hadn't done what they did (mind you it was at least one hundred of them completely stopped and blocking traffic) none of this would have occurred. Second, the SUV driver had every right to attempt to continue on the public highway and he hit one of the MANY DOZENS who refused to get out of the way. The SUV driver should never face any charges. Third, the SUV driver only stopped because he had flat tires and obviously got trapped in traffic at which point the bikers decided to make him pay for their stupidity.

11. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Pretty much the same as what the SUV driver tried to do... Step on the gas and get my ass outta there. If any of the bikers happen to be in front of the vehicle....too bad for them.

12. jeffreymaskel profile image66
    jeffreymaskelposted 10 years ago

Wow this is a pretty crazy story.  I feel like I probably would do the same thing in that situation.  When it comes to your family and you feel like they are in danger it is hard to not justify many forms of defense.  Interesting question though.

13. Borsia profile image41
    Borsiaposted 10 years ago

I watched this video the other day and if you look at the first few seconds of it the SUV first rear ends one of the bikes then runs over the bike and runs.
    This is the point where the bikers stat chasing and harassing the driver. He then runs over a second and third bike so of course they are pissed.
    This WASN'T a "Hell's Angeles" type biker group but a group of sport bikes. Had the SUV driver just dealt with the guy he rear ended in the first place it isn't likely they would have done anything more than exchange information as required by law.
    The bikers should have just followed the SUV and called the police to report the hit & run driver rather than getting violent with him, but I can see both points this Hit & run driver obviously wasn't going to stop and follow the law so in their minds why should they.
    I know how intimidated car drivers can get when a large number of bikes are passing  them, I'm a rider myself. We try to watch traffic and flow around slower cars in an orderly manner which these bikers didn't seem to be doing, although the video starts just seconds before the first bike is rear ended.
    As I understand it there was some kind of event in the area that drew an unusual number of bike groups, again not Angels or Diablos just sport bikers. Anytime there are that many vehicles in a space you need to be a more cautious driver, bikes and cars alike.
    The SUV driver panicked, probably because of the number of bikes and I'm sure the guy he rear ended was upset and looked angry. But reality was that they wouldn't have done anything had he just stopped and followed the law.
    I understand that a number of the bikers were arrested and bikes impounded but the driver of the SUV should have also been arrested and charged with hit & run.
    I would point out that the SUV driver wasn't attacked or dragged out and beaten even though he ran over several bikes. They broke the window to try and force him to stop.
    The bottom line is that if you rear end someone you are required by law to stop and exchange information IE; driver's license and insurance. THAT IS THE LAW!
    If you feel threatened for some reason then stop and call 911. Show whoever that you have called and ask them to wait for police to help resolve the problem.

You better watch the video again & read the story. The biker intentionally pulled in front of the SUV & slowed causing the bump. The bikers THEN surrounded the stopped SUV. THEN the SUV took off. The bikers were at fault, not the SUV driver.

2. Borsia profile image41
      Borsiaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The section of video touted by the police came later in the sequence. What I am talking about was in the first few seconds, almost off camera. It was a biker who had both legs broken and is paralyzed.

"Touted by the police?" I'm sorry, but you are in a minority. The rest of us watched the video in totality - including Anderson Cooper. U r trying to paint a father protecting a 2 yr old & his wife as villains over a trouble instigating thug. sad

4. Billie Kelpin profile image85

I'm suspecting what happened happened WAY before this video. The biker who stopped in front of the SUV n got hit, did that for some REASON.  He wasn't just suddenly stopping as a lark.That doesn't excuse ANYONE'S behavior,it makes it less nonsensical

5. Borsia profile image41

I'm not calling a mother or child villains I'm saying that had the driver stopped after the first incident it would have ended there.
      Watch first 10 seconds of the original video and you will see it.
      Bikes don't play "short stop" with SUVs for fun.

6. RealityTalk profile image61

Borsia the video has been played on all major news networks. All agree the driver bumped the biker who intentionally caused it. The SUV immediately stopped. The gang surrounded him attacking the SUV & only then did the SUV take off 4 his life.

7. Borsia profile image41

Stop and ask yourself why a 350lb motorcycle would intentionally get hit by a 4000lb car?
      Those same "news agencies" say the biker was looking right at the SUV but with a helmet on he couldn't have even seen it. He was looking at another biker.

8. RealityTalk profile image61

Borsia, do you ride a bike? You seem to be going to extremes at rewriting the story. You are the only one to see the video you described. Why does anyone do anything stupid? In this case, macho, gang mentality. Watch the video & read the story.

9. Borsia profile image41

Yes I ride a bike, which is why I can see what others can't. Guy on the bike shouldn't have slowed there but it wasn't malicious. He would have to have turned his head 180* to see the driver, he was looking at another bike.
      Stupid yes intentional no

10. RealityTalk profile image61

Again watch the video. Biker turned his head toward SUV. Biker slowed CAUSING the "bump." The SUV stopped & was surrounded & attacked. My brother rides, but would never ride recklessly nor gang threaten a family. Shame on u defending a thug.

11. Borsia profile image41

Put on a helmet and see what you have for a field of vision. You can't look over your left shoulder and see behind your right side. He was looking at the bike to his left.

12. brblog profile image80
      brblogposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm not convinced either - the biker that got hit slowed down/stopped and looked toward the camera, not the SUV. He may have thought he was clear of the car. It's just not that "cut and dry."

13. Borsia profile image41

It is hard for those who never wear helmets to grasp just how limited your vision is. Add to that motorcycle mirrors are generally poorly designed for anything but seeing your own shoulder.
      Riding in groups you are usually looking at others in group

14. RealityTalk profile image61

I honestly cannot prove an apple more an apple than showing to you like millions of Americans & a video has. The biker intentionally recklessly pulled in front & slowed down. This does not make all bikers bad - don't take it personally.

15. Borsia profile image41

But the real trouble didn't start until the SUV took off running over the bike & rider breaking both of his legs and paralyzing him. Until then there might have been yelling but little else. He might have been scared but that's no excuse, call 91

16. RealityTalk profile image61

Not true. The SUV stopped after the bump caused by the biker. The bikers swarmed the SUV with wife & 2 yr old & slashed its tires & pounded on the SUV. The trouble started w/reckless biker, then gang stoppage then gang attack.

17. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What has this world come to when people start taking up for vigilantes?

18. Borsia profile image41

Then why weren't the tires flat as he ran over the biker and drove several miles?

19. Billie Kelpin profile image85

JT, respectfully, RealityTalk and Borsia seem to be having a non-name-calling, logical conversation here with each side being respectful of the other and stating opinions without inflammatory rhetoric.  If we can't have that without labeling, then ?

20. RealityTalk profile image61

Borsia, my friend, I have to request we agree to disagree. We obviously see this situation differently. In closing all I can add is I feel sad the incident ever happened. It will change lives. I wish people could act with kindness not violence.

21. profile image0

Billie....... Who is calling names? Aren't we all entitled to comment on any and all questions here?

22. Billie Kelpin profile image85

JT, my hub-brother, I know you sincerely don't realize it, but the phrase "people start taking up for vigilantes" is inflammatory. It makes people defensive; thus the argument then becomes emotional instead of based on valid points by each person.

23. profile image0

Billie... Reality has stated the same. I agree with him. Why are you singling me out?

24. Billie Kelpin profile image85

cause Christians live by a high standard and I know you are one smile  No worries.  I was in the middle of a project that made me anxious yesterday, was bored, and came on over.  I shouldn't use hubpages as my temporary ease of word drudgery (tee hee)

25. profile image0

I understand Billie. smile

26. Billie Kelpin profile image85

JT, have a great day!  We're moving out of our condo back into our RV (a good thing) but I'm off to the garage for more tedious work of pitching years of files and memories, so I'll try not to use hubpages as my release valve!  Cheers to you.

27. RealityTalk profile image61

Billie, I don't want to start anything w/u, but the comment - w/my name in bkgd that Christians r held to high standard is insulting & condescending. I hold myself to a higher standard than most religious. It's insulting to imply otherwise.

28. Billie Kelpin profile image85

RT, U n I are on the exact same page on that!  I feel I'm an extremely highly principled, moral non-believer. I wanted to write "purport to living by a higher standard which would include not using name-calling," but I didn't want to run out of sp

29. RealityTalk profile image61

BK, Space definitely is in short supply for question comments. It bothers me when I read the religious writing I must be religious to be a good person w/morals & ethics. Sorry if I misread or misunderstood you.  I hope u have a great week!

14. Thrifty Lady profile image86
    Thrifty Ladyposted 10 years ago

The most important thing would be to get my family out of danger as quickly as possible.  Whether that would be to slow down drastically, pull over to a side street, or call the police, I would do whatever I could to get out of the situation.  I'm not sure that mowing down bikers was the right way to handle the situation, however, in the heat of the moment, when your family is in jeopardy, you probably aren't thinking too clearly.

Running over the bikers looked gruesome, but I understand why he did it. He was surrounded & under attack with a wife & 2 year old in his SUV. The result may be sad, but the biker asked for it by recklessly putting a family in fear 4 their li

15. Angela Kane profile image60
    Angela Kaneposted 10 years ago

If I was being chased by a bunch of bikers the first thing I would do is call the police, I would not run them over with my car unless I was in fear of my life. I place the blame the bikers for messing with the family in the first place, but I think the SUV driver should not have intentionally run over the bikers even if they were in the way.

The report is the SUV driver called 911 over & over. The bikers surrounded his family & hacked at his tires & pounded on his SUV. The SUV driver was in fear for the life of his wife & child. I can't blame him with 20 some angry men at

2. Borsia profile image41

If his tires had been hacked how did he then run over the biker and drive another several miles until he got stuck in traffic. Watch the video, no flat tires.

Borsia, my friend, I have to request we agree to disagree. We obviously see this situation differently. In closing all I can add is I feel sad the incident ever happened. It will change lives.

4. Borsia profile image41

Well that I can  agree on. I'm not totally siding with the bikers only saying that both sides handled the situation badly as did the media.
      It's very sad that any of it happened,, Cheers.

16. AvineshP profile image60
    AvineshPposted 10 years ago

Well, quite frankly I would try to avoid such a situation. If they forcibly try to stop me, I would defend me and my family by calling the cops and even if they persist, I won't hesitate to run them over by my vehicle.

17. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 10 years ago

Biker, driving a car, truck, SUV, or WALKING......breaking windows, dragging people into the street and bludgeoning them (with OR without a wife & child in the car).....is 1. Outrageous, unlawful, & demonic.  2.  Can result in a death.  3.  Solves or proves NOTHING except that you're a sociopath.....& need to be arrested, charged and taken off the streets for a period of time.
    Even as a Senior Citizen Female.....to protect a child, I may get my ass kicked badly, but the S.O.B would be scratched, kicked, bitten and hairless, in the scuffle.....as I screeched blood-curdling screams the entire time.  Do NOT even BREATHE, in the direction of my child!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)