Do you think Democracy can work in every Nation?

1. GERALD-710 profile image61
    GERALD-710posted 4 years ago

Do you think Democracy can work in every Nation?

The events in Africa and the Middle East seem to show the contrary.
    In Africa,the rise of Multi-Party Democracy has seen the rise of Tribalism and nations being divided over tribal lines often leading to violence
    In the Middle East,The trend has been that virtually every nation that has overthrown their dictators has voted in a Government that is hostile to Western civilization. Starting with Hamas in 2006. I am starting to question the validity of Democracy in developing nations!.

2. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Short answer: No. And I don't think it has anything to do with whether a nation is developing or undeveloped. There is no perfect government and no perfect recipe for nations to follow.

3. Snøwman profile image61
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

No, we need a republic, not a democracy.

In a democracy the people get what they want regardless of if it's right or wrong. It's like me, my two brothers, and my sister deciding what movie to watch. My brothers and I usually want action movies with violence and scary stuff, which my sister hates. Since there are 3 brothers and 1 sister, our sister never gets to choose the movie. That's when our parents come in and say our sister gets to choose the movie sometimes.

Politicians should be elected by the people, be governed by a written constitution, and enforce the law based on what is morally right, not based on what the people want.

working