jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can medical marijuana be shared socially?

1. sarmack profile image59
    sarmackposted 4 years ago

Can medical marijuana be shared socially?

i.e., Is it ethically acceptable to offer medical marijuana to your friends, who are not registered with the State of Washington, for their own personal use?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 4 years ago

I do not think it is ethically acceptable to offer any mind altering substances to anyone, unless they ask for it and are knowledgeable about the subject. Just my opinion.

1. Borsia profile image45
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I suspect that anyone sharing pot is going to know what it is and what to expect. But I can remember getting slipped LSD and it wasn't appreciated.

3. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

No ethics involved, as I see it. So long as we're talking a group of consenting, informed adults, I see no problem at all with passing the pipe around.

4. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

I believe that technically speaking it could only e shared if everyone partaking had a prescription as well. Even then there is a bit of a grey area in that other drugs can not be shared legally.
    On the flip side it isn't socially acceptable to Bogart that joint, my friend,, pas it over to me,,

1. JimTxMiller profile image78
      JimTxMillerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I believe as long as we keep nit picking over legal/ethical minutia, we miss the spirit of decriminalization. The world will be much better off when we stop messing in other people's shit and live our own lives as best we can.

Back at'cha, Borsia!

2. Borsia profile image45
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

How true JT I was just pointing out the legal side.
      I'm all for legalization just too bad that it is becoming legal after I left the country ;-(

5. Jacqueline4390 profile image84
    Jacqueline4390posted 4 years ago

Since this is a drug and as we know difference drugs produce dissimilar effects in participants, I would caution such procedures.  Remember the old saying, "One man's meat is another man's poison."

working