Pro or against medical marijuana. 14 U.S. states have voted to allow medical mar

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. Beata Stasak profile image79
    Beata Stasakposted 14 years ago

Pro or against medical marijuana.
    14 U.S. states have voted to allow medical marijuana since...

California first legalized it in 1996. Many apperas to sincerely believe that every customer is truly ill and will benefit from cannabis' medicinal properties. Yet the encounter puts into focus what many critis said before that they are increasingly the destination of choice for healthy folks who just want to get high - 18 years olds breezin in and complaining about headaches. Some states passed bills that would require 18 to 21 years olds to get approval from two doctors...but would it be enough?

2. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 14 years ago

I think it should be used for medical use only. Like for cancer patients to get their appetites back so they can get their calories in.

3. eilander1542011 profile image60
    eilander1542011posted 13 years ago

Marijuana helps you grow as a soul, so for it to be utilized for "medicinal uses" it would have to also be legal for it to be used to enlighten your soul. But we just call those people stokers. Marijuana - like many illegal drugs - has vast medicinal qualities for many ailments. But the problem with medicinal marijuana is it is being privatized, and privatization leads to corruption. The next thing you know it will be legal and we will be seeing surgeon general's warning s on packs of marijuana cigarettes, letting smokers know that we have poisoned this product.
    All in all I feel like medicinal marijuana is the complete opposite of where any of us want to go. Decriminalization allows those that smoke to do so of their own accord, and those that don't to not of their own accord. It simply makes the current system of marijuana growth, distribution and use legal, rather than destroying what works. But nonetheless, we will soon see medicinal marijuana legal in all states, and soon after that completely legalized, unless the true friends of Mary Jane stop this developing trend.

4. onceuponatime66 profile image59
    onceuponatime66posted 13 years ago

I never did marijuana and I think that it should be legalized in USA.  Great queston

5. Phil The Gain profile image57
    Phil The Gainposted 13 years ago

With medical drugs people are always going to use them for recreational purposes like Vicodin and Xanax.  So that is an invalid argument to be against it.  Maybe mainstream pharmacies should get into the business.  People are going to use it more and more regardless of legality status.

6. Shahid Bukhari profile image62
    Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years ago

Drugs ... all kinds, Alter the Normal State of Human Mind ... These provide temporary relief ... Euphorias ... but the next down is a deeper and darker abyss than the one before.

The Depressing State of Mind can be rehabilitated into the normal, by Following the Right things

7. Eztransfer profile image60
    Eztransferposted 13 years ago

The controversy over the legalization of marijuana is in the stages of moving forward to legalization through the exact same pattern that alcohol did during the days of alcohol prohibition.  Somehow when you've got a product that has a demand much higher than the law will allow.  There will always be people willing to risk their lives, as well as others to supply that demand.  Legalization and regulation would be the greatest deterrent to all the violent crime around a schedule 1 contraband product.  People have long been trying to regulate the value or tax the things that grow freely from the ground.  Now, things like poppies or the coca plants need to be classified a schedule 1 contraband product.  However I will not ever be convinced that cannabis belongs as a schedule 1 contraband product.  I think the only reasons that it is is because the multi-billion-dollar multi-conglomerate pharmaceutical companies will lose billions of dollars if everyone started numbing their pain naturally, rather than using all their chemicals.  The other major reason why cannabis remains illegal is because the major drug cartels have the same interest as the pharmaceutical companies.  Don't think for one minute our government isn't making money as well off of locking up all those criminal cannabis smokers.

8. cobrien profile image60
    cobrienposted 13 years ago

I am for medicinal marijuana. Optic Atrophy and Macular Degeneration run in our family and my father was once prescribed medicinal marijuana. I suffer from Bipolar Disoreder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and when I run out of meds or they need to be adjusted, marijuana is the only thing that will keep me out of trouble or hurting myself.

9. angeladale2 profile image61
    angeladale2posted 12 years ago

I am pro for it. It is a natural herbal medicine that works on MANY different kinds of illnesses.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)