jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

What is the strangest compliment you've ever received?

1. JG11Bravo profile image86
    JG11Bravoposted 4 years ago

What is the strangest compliment you've ever received?

I'll even start.  I was once complimented on the shape of my knuckles by an elderly woman who I was ringing out at my old store.

2. Sundeep Kataria profile image75
    Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years ago

that I resemble certain national level figure.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

That I have pretty feet. This was strange because the foot is not very pretty. smile

JG11Bravoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, that's a bit on the odd side.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep.. smile

3. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

As a woman, believe me when I say if a woman goes to the trouble to compliment your feet, be assured they are indeed attractive!

4. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

It was kind of weird, someone I had never met before told me I look like a certain celebrity, and what she didn't know is that celebrity happens to be a cousin. And the truth is, I have never once noticed any resemblance between us.

Hmmm.... Is it.... Susan Sarandon?

2. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No. And I didn't mean to open a can of worms, lol. Let's just say she's an actress of some fame and leave it there? Thanks!

3. JG11Bravo profile image86

Very well. It was worth a try.

4. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Obviously, you are not going to tell us.......but my guess is:  Sondra Kerr Blake (married to actor Robert Blake, many years ago)

5. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

One time we had dinner guests.  After eating a plate of ribs, one of the guests told me I'm "magical".  LOL

1. PlanksandNails profile image83
      PlanksandNailsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You must have made those ribs disappear right off the plate wink

6. Marie Flint profile image89
    Marie Flintposted 4 years ago

From my late father-in-law when I was taking care of him after his hip surgery. I quote, "You're so efficient, I can't stand it!"

I replied, "Thank you." Because I wasn't so favored in his eyes, that statement meant a lot to me. During the month I was with him, I think I had earned his respect, and that felt good.

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image75
      Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

So nice !

2. JG11Bravo profile image86

I'd love that one. Efficency is my favorite quality in anything.

7. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

LOL...JG  &  JT......Congratulations on your nice knuckles and pretty feet!  It's always nice to be noticed for something!.........I don't know if this qualifies as a "compliment," but numerous people have told me I scare them, because I seem to clearly "read minds."   
    The reality is (I think) that I focus on the person speaking to me, pay attention to what they are saying, to include body language.....and somehow, I'm able to anticipate their next question or comment, spot-on.........I believe it's that simple.  If I could TRULY read minds, I'd be on stage in Vegas, making a boatload of money!  Damn it!

working