In what ways are politically-correct censors of free speech in contemporary firs

1. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

In what ways are politically-correct censors of free speech in contemporary first world nations..

like the witch hunters and Red Scare propagandists of the past?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8590930_f260.jpg

2. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

I think we are lucky we live in a country that considers free speech a right and guarantees it in our Constitution.  The politically correct have always existed.  Whether they exist as government representatives, organizations, lobbyists, activists, whatever -- in this country, however, it makes it easier to call them out when they start to censor those who don't agree with them. The militant gays and liberals have been on a tear redefining marriage legally.  We now see the consequences of what they have started.  The courts have just struck down part of Utah's polygamy laws.  They are also trying to make it hard for devout Christians to say what they believe by by banning them from the public space.  In effect, they have become persecutors and they are no different from witch hunters or communist officers who target individuals for public shaming.

1. bethperry profile image92
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cassie, I think "persecutors" is an apt term. I'm not Christian, but I see the future consequences for us all if our popular brand of tyranny is not utterly rejected. Thank you for sharing.

working