jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you pick up other people trash and put it in a bin when you walk in a mall, o

1. Miss Crayola profile image76
    Miss Crayolaposted 4 years ago

Do you pick up other people trash and put it in a bin when you walk in a mall, on the sidewalk, etc?

Like an empty bag, a empty cup of coffee, etc.
    If you do it, what motivates you? If you don't, do you feel guilty passing by?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8679968_f260.jpg

2. kagosage profile image61
    kagosageposted 4 years ago

I don't do it and I don't feel guilty about it. In fact if I picked up all the trash or always returned my shopping cart to the store then I help ensure job security for the worker that is hired to make sure the area is clean and the carts are returned to the store.  That is my way to justify it anyways! haha

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No, I don't as I am concerned about illness etc...since I have no idea who dropped it, if they were sick or whatever.  No I do not feel guilty as I am not the one who left the trash. I would never leave my trash.

4. Mahfoudh Muhammed profile image60
    Mahfoudh Muhammedposted 4 years ago

Well, when nobody is looking, I do it. Sometimes, I pass it on purpose then I feel guilty and come back for it.
    However, when people are looking, I don't. It makes feel like I'm doing for people's eyes.
    Why? Well, in my religion, we believe that God will reward us for the most simple acts of kindness that we do for him only, because we believe in him, and not just to show people how good we are.

5. Nigham AFZAL profile image75
    Nigham AFZALposted 4 years ago

I do this thing with the eating stuff. I pick them and keep them up on a high place (usually), so a bird or ant or some insect 'd eat it... smile
    Never throw your food down.

working