jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What do you think of Walmart's new made in America campaign?

1. mgeorge1050 profile image79
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

What do you think of Walmart's new made in America campaign?

Walmart recently launched a made in America campaign where they pledge to spend 250 billion dollars on American products over the next ten years.  The company has also developed a list of products made in America.  With one of the country's largest retailers leading the way, this could be a step in the direction of restoring American manufacturing.  So, what do you think of Walmart's new made in America campaign?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8811277_f260.jpg

2. NornsMercy profile image60
    NornsMercyposted 3 years ago

My first reaction is, "No way. They're lying."
    My second, less cynical reaction is, "Cool!" Hopefully this will breathe some life into our country and help businesses out.

mgeorge1050posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I know what you mean, I have viewed them as an enemy of the American economy for so long.  But I do hope the consumers will make an effort to support the American products they are now labeling.  Thanks for your answer.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I'm all for buying American made products, but if Wal-Mart and other places are serious about it, my question is why don't they just stock only American made products?

This is a fine answer, and maybe if consumers respond well to the American labeled products we could move towards all American made products in stores.  Thanks!

4. profile image0
    Copper Manposted 3 years ago

There's an old American saying: "Put your money where your mouth is."
    And another: "Seeing is believing."
    I plan to wait and see, and hope it doesn't take ten years to notice a difference.

All the answers are wonderful, and it is clear that folks are passionate about this topic.  It was a very hard decision, but Copper Man's answer is simple and to the point, and I feel like we can all agree with his words.  Thanks to all.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

If they follow through, it will probably be beneficial. But, it's one of those things were I'm not going to praise them for the band-aid they put on a problem they helped create. A company that buys a few American flag stickers, while the majority of its products are still outsourced, is still part of the problem. If they really want to fix their image, then they should abandon this smoke-and-mirrors campaign and pay their employees a living wage.

6. luvtoowrite profile image44
    luvtoowriteposted 3 years ago

If this is the case, I say, "Great, they are finally stepping up." I do not know if this will affect their already tarnished image, but is a good start. I know they tried the green thing a while back, but it did not boost Walmart's ratings in the retail industry with the public.

working