jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is BUYING American Products Important?

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 5 years ago

Why is BUYING American Products Important?

This morning I am thinking about local economies, small businesses, large corporate bailouts, the political arena, and oddly, Flint Michigan along with dying industry across the 50 States. My thoughts are ranging from Too much government control to self sustaining industry such as weaving/textiles, farming, etc. This question arose out of my wondering brain thinking about what kinds of products America MAKES (not assembles) these days.  I look forward to reading your responses

2. stugod profile image75
    stugodposted 5 years ago

You can sell anything to anyone if the price is cheap enough. In the scale of things both the US an UK have become too un competitive. The worst part is we have the technology to be in front of the game.. The rest is very complicated, But needs learning

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

Well, I can tell you that all of the finest acoustic guitars and mandolins of the world are made in the USA.

....despite my very best efforts - the majority of Americans still don't play the mandolin or the acoustic guitar.....

I can tell you the absolute truth:  Nobody cares.  When the going is rough - nobody is going to buy something made in the USA for more money that "made in China" -unless the American product is just superior in quality.

China - they can pay people shit, and people will work hard for it.

(sorta like me and hubpages....I work for bowls of rice)

4. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Just attempt to call the maker of DuWang washing machines................just attempt to do so....

Now, attempt to call " the Maytag  repair man"

Call , Sears or Erogytichina.............

SERVICE.............it makes the difference.

The previous poster is WRONG....................YES, I will pay a bit more for " American Made ".........have been doing just that, for 20 + years.

Support your neighbors, and your national economy, or dismiss them for cheaper prices and often, inferior service.

I have a GREAT problem with inferior service.

YES, national pride still exists.

5. Nordichuks profile image59
    Nordichuksposted 5 years ago

people prefer U.S. products because their products are produced according to specification by standard organisation.