jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is President Obama a wimp compared to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

1. Dr Billy Kidd profile image93
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

Is President Obama a wimp compared to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

During WW II, FDR called for a new bill of rights:
    The right to a job, medical, protection for the elderly. He also declared there is a right for every farmer and business, large or small, to make a profit, unhindered by monopolies.
    FDR said there was a right to an education..
    He said that without these rights to strengthen America, there would never be peace in the world.
    See video of FDR: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/1 … hts-VIDEO#
    Obama looks like a wimp compared to the chutzpah of FDR, right?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I think it's more a sign of the times. FDR was elected during the great depression. And, between the New Deal and WWII, he oversaw the long road out of it. This meant he had an overwhelming amount of support, which is the kind of thing you need to do the things he did. President Obama had a decent amount of support in his first 2 years, which is how he passed Healthcare reform, but the vicious opposition to him gained too much traction for it to keep going beyond that.

However, considering he oversaw the assassination of Osama Bin Laden (and indirectly helped insurgents against Gaddafi), ended the war in Iraq and is most known for excessive use of drone strikes, I find it odd that anyone would call this president a wimp.

Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Points well taken... I was referring to the intensity of FDR for his causes as shown on the video.

3. tehgyb profile image85
    tehgybposted 3 years ago

President Obama isn't a wimp per se. I will say that he scared to act on many things, though.
    At least, things that don't serve his agenda.

Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Right, he has a ferocious opposition that cuts away at him regardless of what he does.

working